Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Has anyone noticed when lowering the volume via the headphone button, the sound increases ever so slightly before it's reduced? It doesn't happen while lowering the volume through the iPhone.
Mine do not do this

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Great run down

They do look like great option for wireless headphones. Do like how they sync through all devices. Price will put some off I'm sure. Planning on getting powerbeats to try that and go from there.

Hey, did you ever get the PowerBeats? I'm thinking about purchasing a pair for runs, and can't find any Solo3 comparisons.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Nah I didn't in the end. I got the AirPods instead. Got the solo3 though.

Weren't you thinking of returning the AirPods since sound wasn't as great as you hoped? Solo3 really are pretty decent for what they are though.

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
I really like beat solo2 and will start to look for solo3, I think the convenience of going wireless takes over some shortcomings that it might present. At least its my own opinion.
my fav. earphones to date are Westone line (i've had few of them), hope they release something wireless soon.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Weren't you thinking of returning the AirPods since sound wasn't as great as you hoped? Solo3 really are pretty decent for what they are though.
Nah overall the sound has been fine. Nothing amazing but for what i use my air pods for e.g. gym and podcasts it does whats needed.

I use my solo3 for times when i want louder music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.