Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandler77

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2009
Anyone waiting on these like me? I'm hearing a February release.

Thanks in advance.

I ordered mine from Amazon prime back in November once they listed the item. Just got an email today saying they have received word on the BeatsX headphones from Apple and Amazon Prime delivery dates to CA are between 1/16 and 1/30.

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
Yes, I want these way more than AirPods.

AirPods may be a more "wow" factor because seem more "magical" how they work independently without wires connecting etc... but it is impractical for me to pack around these two little AirPods and a small case to put them in whenever I do no use them. I am constantly putting my current headphones in and out throughout the day and my current ultra-cheap skull candy Ink'd Wireless work real nice for this because they sit around neck and I can just pull them out and let them drop without losing or paying much attention. They also have volume controls and even work with Siri. The Beats X will be similar in the fact they can stay around my neck but will be superior because of W1 chip (I experience some dropouts with my skull candy headphones, mostly when laying down in bed for some reason). I can imagine how awkward AirPods would be for my use situation.

Reactions: infinitejest

infinitejest

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2016
Orange County, CA
Yes, I want these way more than AirPods.

AirPods may be a more "wow" factor because seem more "magical" how they work independently without wires connecting etc... but it is impractical for me to pack around these two little AirPods and a small case to put them in whenever I do no use them. I am constantly putting my current headphones in and out throughout the day and my current ultra-cheap skull candy Ink'd Wireless work real nice for this because they sit around neck and I can just pull them out and let them drop without losing or paying much attention. They also have volume controls and even work with Siri. The Beats X will be similar in the fact they can stay around my neck but will be superior because of W1 chip (I experience some dropouts with my skull candy headphones, mostly when laying down in bed for some reason). I can imagine how awkward AirPods would be for my use situation.

Exactly. Not even to mention the poor sound quality and non existing noise cancellation of the AirPods.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I preordered on Amazon but I'm checking constantly on the App Store. I don't want to get caught by surprise like I was with the airpods.

RandyMass

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
I preordered on Amazon but I'm checking constantly on the App Store. I don't want to get caught by surprise like I was with the airpods.
I don't they will ship,prior to February. Don't ask me why on the wait.

sandler77

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2009
I also preordered with Amazon back in November 2016. My expected ship date is 1/26, delivery by 1/30 (as of right now). I'm crossing my fingers that Amazon doesn't email and push back into February...

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I also preordered with Amazon back in November 2016. My expected ship date is 1/26, delivery by 1/30 (as of right now). I'm crossing my fingers that Amazon doesn't email and push back into February...

My preorder still says Arriving Jan 18 - Jan 27. I'm not very confident they will meet these projected dates though.

AcountUserGuy

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2017
God damn I shouldve just pre-ordered it like you guys did. Hopefully they release em on Apple's store or theres one in my area I can scoop up

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
After the AirPods didn't work out for me I'm holding out for these to be released soon. I have $55 in Apple gift cards so I have to wait for them to start taking orders.

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
I can't wait for these. My complaint about my AirPods is they offer ZERO noise isolation, which renders them basically useless on an airplane. Love them for other purposes (ie to talk on the phone at home) but hate them for practical\sound quality\noise isolation use.

I love my Sennheiser noise isolation ear buds, so assume the Beats X will perform similarly in isolating the music from the ambient noise. I have the Jaybirds X3 which have great sound, but their proprietary micro usb charging adaptor is annoying as hell, and I want nothing to do with it. The Beats X having lightning charging will be perfect. I hope sooner than later!

Reactions: boston04and07

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
You've posted this in like 5 different threads. Doubt it though since they wouldn't have updated the expected shipment onto an exact date.
ok i get it. forgive me for trying to warn you. but just remember when that day comes and goes, and you don't have your beats x.
[doublepost=1485137554][/doublepost]
So past experience with one delay is indicative of all future behavior by Amazon?
Not at all, but I am just letting you know that this is a possibility due to previous experience.

And putting that aside, do you think apple has distributed ANY beatsx to any third party sellers at all whatsoever, when their own website touts a february timeframe? Not only is that not likely, for them to solely have given Amazon out of ALL retailers (a retailer that has banned the sale of Apple TV from their website) the only Lot of beatsx for sale prior to their own February timeframe is pretty much absurd.

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
ok i get it. forgive me for trying to warn you. but just remember when that day comes and goes, and you don't have your beats x.
Not at all, but I am just letting you know that this is a possibility due to previous experience.

And putting that aside, do you think apple has distributed ANY beatsx to any third party sellers at all whatsoever, when their own website touts a february timeframe? Not only is that not likely, for them to solely have given Amazon out of ALL retailers (a retailer that has banned the sale of Apple TV from their website) the only Lot of beatsx for sale prior to their own February timeframe is pretty much absurd.

How quickly you forget.

2014 MacBook 12" - Best Buy had them in stock in their stores before any Bay Area Apple Store ever got a unit.

2016 MacBook Pro - got mine at Best Buy two weeks before any stores here in the Bay Area had a single unit to sell.

This is a new era of retail under idiot Angela. It's completely counter intuitive to anything logical or what would be considered normal for Apple to do. Why would you supply stock to third parties before you stock your own stores? Who knows but it's been the case with every launch in recent history.

Reactions: Peter K.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
How quickly you forget.

2014 MacBook 12" - Best Buy had them in stock in their stores before any Bay Area Apple Store ever got a unit.

2016 MacBook Pro - got mine at Best Buy two weeks before any stores here in the Bay Area had a single unit to sell.

This is a new era of retail under idiot Angela. It's completely counter intuitive to anything logical or what would be considered normal for Apple to do. Why would you supply stock to third parties before you stock your own stores? Who knows but it's been the case with every launch in recent history.

I get your point, but you are also wrong. Those macbook's were available directly from apple's online store on launch. No stores had them for sale prior to their online store launch date. No matter what idiot at the wheel, they are too greedy to not have more traffic to their own store first.

also i assume you mean the 2015 macbook 12" (there was not a 2014 model)

AcountUserGuy

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2017

Calm down man, we're just saying to cool it on the negativity especially when you've been using the same anecdotal evidence on multiple threads. I didn't even pre-order from amazon so you don't need to preach to the choir.

I get your point, but you are also wrong. Those macbook's were available directly from apple's online store on launch. No stores had them for sale prior to their online store launch date. No matter what idiot at the wheel, they are too greedy to not have more traffic to their own store first.

also i assume you mean the 2015 macbook 12" (there was not a 2014 model)

You want some precedence? How about the fact that B&H knew well in advance that BeatsX would be delayed for 2-3 months back in December before Apple updated their website to reflect it. Hell Apple didn't even update the site until a week after the email from B&H was posted.

What would Amazon gain by claiming a specific date and updating that date across multiple pre-orders? It's not even available for pre-order anymore so we know they arn't trying to grab early sales by pretending that their site would have it first.

I personally think it's more likely that Apple hasn't updated their sites to reflect the scheduling difference. Just like they did for the AirPods and for the BeatsX.

I'd even be willing to guess that it's possible that Apple may release the BeatsX on Jan 25th-27th and and the 27th date for Amazon is a 2 day buffer period for their 2 day prime shipment.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Calm down man, we're just saying to cool it on the negativity especially when you've been using the same anecdotal evidence on multiple threads. I didn't even pre-order from amazon so you don't need to preach to the choir.

You want some precedence? How about the fact that B&H knew well in advance that BeatsX would be delayed for 2-3 months back in December before Apple updated their website to reflect it. Hell Apple didn't even update the site until a week after the email from B&H was posted.

What would Amazon gain by claiming a specific date and updating that date across multiple pre-orders? It's not even available for pre-order anymore so we know they arn't trying to grab early sales by pretending that their site would have it first.

I personally think it's more likely that Apple hasn't updated their sites to reflect the scheduling difference. Just like they did for the AirPods and for the BeatsX.

I'd even be willing to guess that it's possible that Apple may release the BeatsX on Jan 25th-27th and and the 27th date for Amazon is a 2 day buffer period for their 2 day prime shipment.

Why are you telling me to calm down? lol, did I offend you or something?

Look, my presence in this thread is to warn others not to get their hopes up as I had a similar purchasing experience with Amazon. Best buy (their favorite retailer) doesn't have any indications of pre-order. Apple.com store still showing a February date. A dozen other retailers not showing shipment of any kind till february (or unknown), then we have Amazon, a seller who's proven their inconsistencies with shipping dates. The odds are not in your favor good sir.

But alas, we both are speculating, because neither one of us work for amazon or apple. So I hope you guys get your beatsX in January as promised.

AcountUserGuy

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2017
Why are you telling me to calm down? lol, did I offend you or something?

Look, my presence in this thread is to warn others not to get their hopes up as I had a similar purchasing experience with Amazon. Best buy (their favorite retailer) doesn't have any indications of pre-order. Apple.com store still showing a February date. A dozen other retailers not showing shipment of any kind till february (or unknown), then we have Amazon, a seller who's proven their inconsistencies with shipping dates. The odds are not in your favor good sir.

But alas, we both are speculating, because neither one of us work for amazon or apple. So I hope you guys get your beatsX in January as promised.

Best buy never has expected release or shipping dates like Amazon so you're wrong once again.

In fact a dozen other retailers don't usually show any date indication irregardless. Just like no one except B&H indicated that the BeatsX date got postponed.

Proven track record from one anecdotal evidence from you? How about me and everyone else's anecdotal evidence where Amazon has a great track record when it comes to estimating dates? Because in my experience amazon usually overestimates their shipping dates.

The world doesn't revolve around you and your evidence only, man. And we don't need the same one person in every thread being salty about one Amazon experience and repeating their one anecdotal evidence to "warn us"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.