BEAUTIFul Microsoft mouse... definetly outshines apple's offering.

Discussion in 'Community' started by RationalDreamer, Jan 11, 2005.

1. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    The Starck mouse has been out for months with both blue and orange options. Apple sell it on their website too.

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I read a review of a buyer who said that after only weeks of using the mouse almost broke into pieces. Looks good, but seems to be very fragile.

4. RationalDreamer thread starter macrumors newbie

OMG... i take this post back. Just took a look at apple's site and saw the Kensington StudioMouse it's gorgeous, has 2 buttons.... and it's wireless. I can finally get rid of my one-button mouse.

Good looking on the fragility of the stark mouse.

5. iGav macrumors G3

6. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

It looks nice, but it's not nice to use. The entire left and right sides of the mouse act as the buttons, meaning if you're heavy handed <points at self> you're knocking the buttons all the time.

I'll stick to my Logitech Mouseman Traveller thanks.

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You're like a broken record ;) :p :D

8. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

Wacom--I don't think I've ever seen a darker mouse:) and I agree it works very well. Their pen is a thoughtfully functional tool as well, and all seem indestructible.

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The Wacom is nice, but I find myself using the Kensington wireless. Much nicer. Actually, after some mad coding, I'm on the trackball again... need to give my wrist a rest.

Edit: I think we can all agree that jokes about the above final comment are obvious and need not be expressed.

10. iGav macrumors G3

it's true though... mouses are so passe. :p

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Thank God you must've been talking about using the pen with the tablet. ;) Now I can say it: the Wacom mice suck. The pens are great! The tablets are sublime! But the mice suck. :)

12. iGav macrumors G3

heheh of course I mean the pen, when one says Wacom one means pen, not mouse. :)

13. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I love how this mouse looks too. Almost got one a couple weeks ago. Microsoft has some nice looking mice and keyboards.

[​IMG] and [​IMG]

They don't looks similar at all....

scem0

14. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

The topic of this mouse has come up before. I have this mouse and use it often on my PC but I still really like the Apple mouse. Just a note: the mouse does feel cheaply built and is too easily clicked.

15. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

A three button/scroll wheel mouse can never have the clean lines that Apple's mouse has. Unfortunately, I need the extra buttons, so I love my Logitech. Meh, I say, it isn't bad looking but I'm not excited.

16. Maxx Power macrumors 6502a

Maxx Power

Hey!! Me Too!! I love this mouse, best and will always be the only mouse I'll use.

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But what size tablet do you have and what version. I had a 12x12 Intuos a while back and loved it. I've been thinking of getting another one, probably the 6x8, Intuos 3, but wireless mice have some appeal.....

D

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My choice would be the blue. If I were going to go non-Apple Mouse would prefer a Kensington wireless trackball. It would be a learning curve either way.

19. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Hey a fellow trackball-er. I much prefer the lack of strain on the wrist, and the precision that I can use the trackball with to any mouse. While each pointing device has its benefits, I very much enjoy using my Kensington Orbit Optical trackball (2 buttons) :)

20. iGav macrumors G3

I've got the Intuos 3 A4... with the funky buttons that you program and you can use your fingers on the tablet as well. :)

I can't understand anyone wanting a mouse when a Wacom spanks it... :)

21. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i want the Logitech MX1000 to go BT and then i will consider it, the 1000 is awesome from everything i have seen, but with a powerbook i would want it to be BT for sure, although i have to try and replace the hard drive in the 'book now....hmmmmmm yeah BT is still better

22. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

23. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I've never used the Kinsington Expert Mouse, so I have no room to say anything, but I just wanted to point out the price differences ;).

scem0