Beautiful Picture: Miami out of Sugar Bowl hunt.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by FelixDerKater, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Illmatic macrumors member

Being a grad of OSU last year and still living in Ohio this couldn't have made me happier. I almost had a heart attack yesterday when they almost lost to PSU yesterday but as usual Tressel and my boys pulled it off. Now all we need is for Oklahoma to lose and we have a real race to the National Championships. I'm glad that someone here hates the Hurricanes as much as me.

2. FelixDerKater thread starter macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

The way they came into our stadium and fell apart and then started fighting reminds me of their thug years of the 1980's before Butch Davis.

3. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

Ha ha ha. Woah. You'll be doing good to end up with only two losses this season. Even if MSU can't pick you off (and they're looking stunning this year), Michigan will crush you. OSU is pathetic. you barely squeezed by Bowling Green. You are dreaming, my friend.

4. FelixDerKater thread starter macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

I'm not even sure our supercomputer could simulate a scenario in which OSU wins the championship again... You have to hope a great OU team loses and that USC falls in the next few weeks. Then you have to beat a dominant Michigan. I don't think Chris Perry will be able to run all over you like he did MSU, but he is definitely a classy back. Even if you win out, who would really want to play OU right now the way they are handling teams each week?

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm a native Buckeye myself. So I know the feeling. My father-in-law graduated from OSU Medical School. Still remember the days of Woody Hayes. He wasn't always able to watch, also fear of a heart attack.

6. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

O-H!

I graduated OSU last winter, Geomatics engineering.. how about yourself?
    Oh how I loathe Miami... I was all smiles last night.
    Welcome to macrumors, you'll find that there are plenty of Buckeyes here in the forums.

Now you my friend, have got to be kidding me...

7. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

HA! The truth is that Penn State actually won that game. They played much better football than Ohio State. OSU only "won" becuase of horrible officiating.
    The sad part for OSU fans, PSU slmost beat your boys with a 60 yard field goal, even with the poor officiating.

8. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Coaches VS. BCS

What is this "truth" you speak of? and why isn't it reflected by the final score? I'd be very angry as well, if I were 2 and 7. Your point is taken and agreed upon... winning by 1point does us no good when we're playing a team as horrible as you guys. :)

uhuh..

9. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

lol

alright...but you know that hartsock didn't catch the ball and you know that there was defensive pass interference on kranchick, right????. if the refs called the penalty or ruled the catch incomplete (which they should have) the game would have changed...and penn state would have won.

you can tell i'm upset...i wanted PSU to win so badly!:)
    they always get screwed by the refs

10. Illmatic macrumors member

For those of you (very few I hope) that honestly believe Michigan will beat The Buckeyes seriously dream on. That rivalry is not like any other game they play all year long. Michigan will fall apart the same way they have for the past 2 years. I can't wait to be the first to post after that game if I can even still stand up straight.

11. jasylonian macrumors regular

trouble standing

Will you have trouble standing because you're too drunk or because you will be in shock because OSU beats Michigan? If it's because OSU beats Michigan, you don't have to worry because it's just not going to happen. Hail to the Victors!

12. Illmatic macrumors member

Because I'll be too drunk...It will be you in shock because OSU beats Michigan. ...I never honestly thought there were so many Wolverines fans in here

13. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

lol. thread starting as a Miami bashing one quickly gets taken over by OSU v. UM discussion. :D

i hear no Michigan coach ever lost to OSU 4 years in a row... because they'd always get fired after losing three.

i live in Ann Arbor, so you know who i favor... (oh, i got my PhD from U of M, so it's not just because i live here...) depends a lot on OSU QB situation but i can't see how perry and, as ridiculous as this will sound, navarre with three incredible wideouts can be stopped at HOME. (and believe me, i've had about enough of navarre for the last three+ years and i give him no credit.) heck, Michigan is playing well even on the road now.

of course, let's wait and see if Michigan can get by NW. given how john navarre stock is sky high, it's ripe for a big fall, i'd say...

p.s. i went to college in Va... so i know many hokie fans. what a game - must have been awesome in blacksburg.

14. bcsimac macrumors 6502

It was nice to see Miami lose! Now we need a few more losses so Tennessee can be in the picture.....my wife is already calling this a lost season.

15. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

How foolish you are to think the Canes are out of it. We're ranked 4 right now. FSU will lose to Florida, VT will lose to Pitt, Pitt will lose to Us. USC will lose to Oregon St. or OU will drop the B12 title game and Miami is right back in it all.

In reality, Pitt can lose to VT and to us and we'd still be ahead of VT because of their Sorry pathetic strength of schedule.

Sorry haters, Miami is not out of it by any means. You can hate all day long... but put it this way... OSU, Michigan or VT are for sure not going... but Miami is still alive.

With nice sandy beaches, beautiful women, great food, awesome nightlife, a great education AND a great football team.... I'd be jealous too.

IT's A CANES THING!:cool:

16. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

No one to respond? What you can talk crap about the Canes but when a fan comes on board you're silent?

Perhaps when you have 26 players go into the NFL draft over the last 3 years, it's pretty hard to keep a 39 game winning streak going. Speaking of the NFL, there isn't one team that doesn't have a Miami Hurricane on it.

What's really funny is whatever school all of you go to, a one or two loss season is a great year. In Miami, when we have a loss, we're rebuilding. 2 losses and heads are rolling.

GO CANES.

17. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

That's right. We're affraid. We're jealous. Oh no.. we're just bored.

Actually, I'm too busy trying to keep track of which thread you're posting in.

All we can do is win this last 3 game stretch. Its a hell of a schedule and we have to hope that FSU loses... if it happens we could end up 2nd or 3rd, who knows.

The Seminoles have a tough season remaining, if they lose another game then Miami has got little chance . I wouldn't be too cocky if I were you. FSU loses they drop, Miami drops, and we're looking pretty good.

18. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Bunch of cry babies in here. I understand you're happy the canes dropped because they could've ran the tables again. However don't count them out, if USC losses we can still get back in. UM is going to climb over FSU if the canes win out. So the canes still have a chance to end up going to the big game.

19. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Tennessee? Oh yea, Tennessee will be leaving Miami Saturday night with another loss. Sorry. Maybe you'll see me at the game :)

20. jocknerd macrumors regular

Or one jail.

Whatever it takes for you to get over Miami's butt whooping dude. How can you be a real fan? I doubt you went to Miami. Most of their students don't want anything to do with the thugs. Its the local hoodlums that invade the half empty Orange Bowl every week. And I guarantee it will be half-empty this week against Tennessee. No telling how many of you bandwagon Cane fans have jumped ship now.

21. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

geez, and where were they in the late 90s? after the late 80s-early 90s, when they dominated and subsequently got caught, they were nowhere to be seen in rest of the 90s. i give your team the credit for the championship two years ago and a very, very good season last year, but it's a bit much to talk as if miami has always been the greatest with no weaknesses.

losing a lot of talented players to NFL is nothing special about Miami. it happens to all the great teams and contribute to their eventual decline. please don't make it sound as if it's a problem that exists only in Miami.

miami football (for that matter, college football) didn't start when you got to miami as a student. surely, they've been very, very good during your student years and i'm glad you got to live through that as the truest fan - as a student - but that doesn't mean it was always that way in college football.