Bebox Upgraded With G4 Components

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by citizensane, Jul 23, 2002.

1. citizensane macrumors newbie

Let's do this.

PROPOSAL

I need every person who owns or has owned a BeBOX (of Be, Inc., back before it filed Chapter 11) to come forward--here, in this forum--because we're going to attempt something never dreamt of before:

Take the husk of a cannibalized BeBox, the external shell, and impegnate it with modern G4 components.

Three things must be achieved: after completion, there must be (a) no VISIBLE EXTERNAL AUGMENTATION to the BeBox, (b) "das blinkenlights" (that row of LEDs monitoring processor activity) must continue to function, (c) the entire unit must WORK--viz. it should turn on when plugged in, all accoutrements (keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor) must remain working, and interact with the completed device seamlessly.

Perhaps the "BeOS" theme should also be installed afterward, to add a touch of realism.

Those interested in pursuing this project should e-mail me, at <citizensane@mac.com> -- other responses may be typed with the Reply feature.

Fondly,

2. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

You'll have to use a 7400...

...they're completely compatible with 750s (Apple actually put them in the blue and white G3 motherboard).

3. citizensane thread starter macrumors newbie

7400/750 Compatibility

Thank you for the input, Catfish Man. I appreciate every helpful little factoid I can get.

Fondly,