beds, bedding + all things bed-like

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shecky, Apr 2, 2007.

1. shecky Guest

shecky

i need to get a king-size bed for the new apartment my girlfriend and i have just signed the lease on. i have always slept on the standard mattress + box spring + cheap steel frame "package" that you get from all the furniture and bedding stores.

i have seen some of the frames from Ikea and elsewhere and the lady and i both like the "european style" sleeker, lower-profile look of these. i am getting a bit confused about how they work tho. does anyone use this kind of bed day to day? there appears to be some wooden slats that the mattress sits on instead of a box spring? then it also says that "slatted bed base sold separately"? so are there two sets of slats? it sounds like all you need is a good mattress and one of these frames and you are good to go.

me = confused

also, as an aside, we have never really considered anything but an innerspring mattress, but are those memory-foam beds really worth a look? or is it just marketing gimmick?

2. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

I am going to ignore all your questions and point you to www.dorma.co.uk where you can get some delightful linen!

3. shecky thread starter Guest

shecky

hah. ::: passes link to girlfriend ::: i don't get to make decisions concerning fabrics and whatnot. :) :eek: