Been to any concerts lately?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MattG, Dec 6, 2005.

1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I'm going to see Alison Krauss and Union Station tonight...can't wait! This will be my third time seeing them live. Anyone else here go to any shows lately?

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I went to a Shanghai 5 thing.
    They're so awesome.

ok, they were performing at the apple store and talking about HOW to make tracks, but it was the first thing I've been able to go to for a long time. I'm calling it a show. :p

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Weezer and Foo Fighters @ the Oakland arena
    Mars Volta and System of a Down @ Oakland arena

Umm, lots of other concerts but those are the most recent... :eek:

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

Saw Handel's Messiah at the National Cathedral on Sunday
    Andrea Bocelli at the MCI Center Last week

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That must have been nice.

Last night, I saw my school's orchestra play Lambro's Miraflores for String Orchestra, which was beautiful, Mozart's Flute Concerto No. 1 in G Major, with a faculty soloist. She was awesome, and so was the orchestra, and Shostakovich's Symphony No. 5 in D Minor, which was amazing.
    On Friday, I'm going to see Wynton Marsalis and the Linoln Center Jazz Orchestra playing Duke Ellington's Nutcracker Suite. I've heard good things about the piece, so I'm hoping that it will be ****ING AWESOME! :D

6. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

On sunday I'm going to Kanye West at GM Place and then my next concert I already have tickets to isn't until January 26 which is Coldplay.

7. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Dead Prez-Last Week
    Fat Joe- 1 month ago
    The Business -2 weeks ago
    Method Man- Jan 3 I think

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Last one I went to was about... 6 years ago. I went my girlfriend at the time, and about 8 of her mates to see some Unicef concert in Manchester. Wheatus played, Idlewild? Catatonia was the only one worth remembering. we had our first kiss to "Dancing in the moonlight" by that big haired guy.
    Its sad really. we were going so great but we split up the day after. ho hum! :eek:

concerts don't interest me. im picky with music. i'll love one track by an artist but hate the rest. unless you can go to see part of a concert these days?

9. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

Tim Mcgraw, Gloria Estefan, Coldplay, James Blunt, Beck, Duran Duran, Elisa (Italy's Avril Lavigne), Benny Greene, Frank Capp and his Juggernauts, Ray Brown (some time ago).

10. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I went to see Hellogoodbye about 10 days ago

I've been to various local shows lately

And in October I went to see Motion City Soundtrack, Panic! At The Disco, The All American Rejects, Audioslave, and various other bands at edge homecoming...

11. iGary Guest

iGary

Busy, hectic year. Last two shows I saw were Rush and them Rush again. :eek:

12. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

The last concert i went to was last year, it was Green Day New found glory, sugar cult. I'm seeing Billy Joel in January (the monday show)at the Fleet Center/TD Bank Garden:D :cool:

13. lynziwow macrumors member

i'm a concert whore . . .

let's see...

i saw RJD2 and Lyrics Born on Sunday at UC Berkeley . . .

and there's 2 concerts this week in Sacrmento: The (International) noise Conspiracy on Thursday and my fav local band 7th Standard is having their cd release on Friday! yay!

Also recently:

NIN/Queens of the Stone Age/ Autolux (Sac and Oak)
    Mars Volta/System of A Down/Hella (Sac and Oak)
    Mars Volta solo (Berkeley early this summer and Santa Barbara last month)
    does Dave Chappelle count? tix were pricey enough!
    uhh....what else...
    too many to remember, honestly. I try to hit up at least one show a week.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL MUSIC SCENE!

14. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

�in 2001 I saw up to 50 or more musical acts/concerts (basically any event w/live music). During the summer I saw Oasis perform at the Everett Events Center. Even more recent I went to http://www.theveraproject.org/ and saw among others The Fading Collection.

15. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

OK I'm jealous...are you a member of the Cathedral?

Since we're including church stuff, I saw the Lessons & Carols at theUniversity of the South last weekend. It's a yearly event performed by the University Choir, which is made up of undergraduates there.

16. MyLeftNut macrumors regular

Just saw the Foo Fighters last night (in Melbourne). Top stuff. They really got into it and the crowd loved them back. Its a long tour for them and Australia is far away so they didnt dissapoint IMHO when they could have easily just gone with the motions...:p I think they really enjoy coming here.

Green Day and U2 coming up. Pretty standard fare...but fun nonetheless.

17. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Saw NIN with Queens of the Stone Age and Death From Above 1979..that night was orgasmic.

18. Merf macrumors regular

Well in the past two months I went to three. Two of them was Flogging Molly which was a blast. Once at the Radison Hotel in Sac and another at Humboldt State University. I also Went to The Bridge School Benefit, had Neal Young and all those guys. Also very cool.

Merf

19. Sirus The Virus macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

U2 - A month ago (best show I've ever seen)
    Coldplay - Over two months ago (second best show I've ever seen)
    David Gray - About a month ago (Impressive Show)

20. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

This year I saw:

Modest Mouse (1st Ave, Minneapolis)

NIN with Queens of the Stone Age, Autolux (Excel Energy, St. Paul)

Audioslave with Seether, (another band can't remember the name) (Roy Wilkins Auditorium St. Paul)

21. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

It's been a year since I saw Alter Bridge, Crossfade and Submersed at a small venue called Janus Landing in Southwest Florida. The bands hung out after the show - it was cool. My boys and I talked with Brian Marshall and his wife, and Mark Tremonti signed my teenager's shirt. Great show. It was like seeing a Creed reunion because Brian (ex Creed bass player) was back with Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips - the new lead singer Myles Kennedy totally rocked.

22. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I forgot to mention that I saw Arturo Sandoval back in February. That was ****ing awesome. I've also seen my cousin's band a few times during the year, nothing notable except the last show, which was the final show of another local band, and a soon-to-be-national band was there. Of course, I left after the second band, because I was pissed off.

23. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

In the past three months I've been to:

• Reggie & The Full Effect, Alkaline Trio and My Chemical Romance @ UIC Pavilion in Chicago. I'm a huge Trio fan.
    • Veda, The Bled, Underoath, and Thrice @ The Rave in Milwaukee.
    • Veda, The Bled, Underoath, and Thrice @ The Riv in Chicago.
    • Since By Man, Evergreen Terrace, The Chariot, and Underoath @ Flower15 @ The Metro in Chicago

And that's just the ones I remember.

24. firststrike101 macrumors member

Last one i've seen was
    NIN w/ Queens of the Stone Age, Death from Above 1979 in winnipeg

25. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Since I've move in with my girlfriend, I don't get to go to many gigs any more as she's not that into music :(

The last one I went to was Happy Mondays playing on Clapham Common in London earlier this year. Tried to take loads of photos on my camera phone and ended up with about 15 very dark & fuzzy shots.