Before Invisible Shield's "Curing Perion"...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sean7512, Apr 2, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    I just got my shiny new 30gb white ipod today, and I immediately went to work with the Invisible Shield. I applied it, got the air bubbles out, and everything looks great...except the screen:rolleyes: It seems like there are a bunch of dried water residue stuff under there. I do not understand why only the screen is like this. It is smooth as silk if I run my fingers over this part, so I didnt scratch it with my drivers license getting the bubbles out. I am asking if this water residue stuff will go away after the 24 hours. And if not, can I peel back JUST the screen and attempt to reapply?? I know there are thousands of IS threads going around, but I couldn't find my particular question. If anyone can give me some reassurance, I'd be happy, thanks in advance.
  2. macrumors member

Jan 13, 2003
    I had a similar issue and some of the moisture under the IS took a few days to disappear. So wait for a little while and I'm pretty sure that it will eventually go away.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    Well it turns out that the majority of these spots are tiny pieces of thread from the old t-shirt that I used to wipe the iPod with...If I take the front off, what are the chances that I can get those threads off and how would I do that? I know it is sticky, thats why I'm thinking that it will be a pain to try to get the threads off.
  4. macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    It is a pain. I had a similar problem with my IS, so I took it off and tried to get the two hairs off of it. I used a knife to try to get under the hair and then grab it with my fingers. It took about 15 minutes but I eventually got them off.