Before the ROKR

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What phone was the ROKR moddeled on? I remember it looks identical. Only I've been trailing around Motorola websites and shops trying to find it... but It's seemingly vanished. replaced entirely by the ROKR.

See thing is my cousin is giving me her old phone later today. and I'd love to read up on the thing, only the name eludes here and completely escapes me. It basically IS the ROKR but without iTunes support, I think :confused: And that it was black too. With lights in the side "grills".

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

There you go. They have a page for the 398, but I didn't see one on the 790 (although I guess it is the same thing). Hope this helps.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yep, e398. I was gonna buy one, but ended up with a Sony-Ericsson K700i instead.

And then I lost it....... :(

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Cheers a lot guys! It's research time :cool:

Basically any phone is an improvement on my current Siemens M55. Fantastic phone but no bluetooth, dark screen, limited colours etc etc. I just hope this new one will sync with my PowerBook with BlueTooth... oh and I could get that BT remote control application :cool: :cool:

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Ooh! Just found out you can flash the E398 to Faux ROKR. I might have to do that!

6. nw43 macrumors regular

You mean Salling Clicker? I've got that on my Nokia 6230 and it is very cool (not that I really need it, of course, for anything other than reasons of laziness :D )