Before you buy the IMAC G5...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by HeyMAC, Sep 19, 2004.

1. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Word of caution... People around here hate calling a Mac a MAC. So calling it an IMAC would probably push them over the edge. :rolleyes:

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

You do realize that macs can use multi-button mice just as well as PCs, right?

3. earthtoandy macrumors 6502

calm down boys! the shirt is great! very funny. i just might get it cause it is so nerdy it has become funny:) thanks for sharing!

4. brap macrumors 68000

You've seen the messageboard clientele. Windows H4x0rZ. Like they care?

I'd not buy anything from there on principle, man.

5. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

erm, well even if the t-shirt was funny it looks crap. Like it was designed by someone who wasn't using a GUI!!! hehhaha!

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm not going to buy it for a reason other than that this shirt is fugly. ;)

7. aus_dave macrumors regular

This shirt is bad on so many levels. I think 'fugly' is being kind Abstract :rolleyes:.

Homie - don't buy this shirt.

8. Edot macrumors 6502

Has anyone read the comments on that site? Either everyone that posts on that site is 13 and under or they hate Macs cause they can't hack them. I like all of their criticisms, like "Macs suck!". Nice argument, I think your recess is over now. :rolleyes:

9. brogers macrumors regular

This is silly. People mock the things they don't understand. Most people..adults...I talk to about Apple computers assume that they can't really do anything except kids stuff, internet and e-mail and maybe...maybe professional graphics and editing but certainly not anything business. They seemed shocked to find out that I have MS Office and can access my companies network from home and on and on and on.

I hate to say it, but it is purely poor marketing that has caused this.

br

10. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Yeah, and once again...This shirt just plain fugly. There is nothing attractive about it, take out the words and everything, it's nasssssttttyyyy.

11. johnnowak macrumors 6502

Am I the only one who sees this as a pro-Mac shirt?
    Kinda cute if you ask me. I might get one.

Oh yes, and the people are that site are IDIOTS.

12. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

Is that in reference to In living colour ? otherwise I don't really get that phrase, I get the point just not the phrase.

13. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

LOL...look at all those lame script kiddies trying to act 733t! :rolleyes: Those stupid kids probably have no clue what open source is all about; they just use Linux 'cuz teh 733t hax0rz do! Actually, they probably use Windows and just tell people they use Linux...bwahahahahahaha! Dumb kiddies.

14. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Shirt was fine- the site was lame- but why did we have to see this "before we bought the iMac G5"?... Weird, just plain weird I tell ya... lol...

15. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Gosh, it's just [font color=green]green[/font]. I think it looks pretty cool. $7 for shipping is a little much though.

16. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't see what's so great about this shirt. After all, us Mac users have the option of Control-clicking or using a third-party two button mouse if we need contextual menus.

17. HeyMAC thread starter macrumors newbie

HeyMAC

I dont not hate "Macs" I am a user of a 12 inch powerbook.I thought I would just put this as a joke. Please take an apple approach to it. What would Woz do??

18. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't think he would buy the shirt, since Apple HQ surely has shirts that Apple Marketing likes more.

19. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Haha.. wwwd. That almost makes up for your capitalization problem. :D

20. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

macs have been able to use multi button mice for years and years... so lame. :rolleyes:

21. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Guys, lighten up. Its a fun shirt. No one said that Macs don't support multibutton mice. Someone was trying to be creative.

22. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Your homie's out of date, MAC.

23. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

Ditch the Stars

Huh - I take it as a pro-Mac shirt, too. But I'm a supporter of the one-button mouse. I guess I'd read it differently if I used a multi-button on my Mac.

Personally, I think the motto is great (as a pro-Mac shirt). Too bad they went with the cheesy stars and stuff. Avery and I might have to steal the motto and fix up the look. ;)