Behind the scenes:Babya Production Suite 2007

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 21, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68040

mduser63

Huh? Why is this important? Because it's a free competitor to Apple's stuff? Not looking too likely with statements like:

Most people would prefer to have a natural workflow, not an unnatural one. And I honestly must admit that I have no idea what they're talking about when they say they edited a slideshow "like if you were back in the halcyon days of MS-DOS."

Besides, this is a DirectX based, Windows-only project. People are not going to switch from FCS on the Mac to some crappy free deal running on Windows.

3. macrumors 68000

aafuss1

I know-it's competiting with software like VirtualDub on the Windows platform (probably works under WINE too). I'm not aiming at FCS-just making comparisons.

4. macrumors 68040

mduser63

Interesting to see that you're a member here on MR. What did you mean by that statement I quoted? How was editing a slideshow like MS-DOS, and why is that a plus?

5. macrumors 68000

aafuss1

It's a unusual workflow-by having very fine-component based control over individual parts of your movie. XTL format is a PC format, but AVI can be played with VLC. I created some test videos while developing and the results are looking good already.

More information at:
    http://babyasoftwaregroup.pbwiki.com/Production Suite

6. macrumors 6502a

What does that mean? What is component-based control?

I have used lots of different video editing applications (FCP, Avid, Media100, Premiere, and iMovie) and none of this is making any sense to me. Other than being free, what are the benefits to this software?

7. macrumors 68000

aafuss1

Attached is a documet describing how it will be used-during development it proves to be effective.

Attached Files: