Behold! For We May Yet Be in the Season of His Coming! Praise God Almighty!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shrek, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

I have been reading the Left Behind series lately as well as the Are We Living in the End Times? book by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins and have to come to some interesting conclusions about current events and end times prophecy:

War in Iraq? Hmmm. The rebuilding of Babylon? An even BIGGER HMMM. Sounds familiar. Sounds like something I've read about in prophecy.

In his book, Are We Living in the End Times?, Tim Lahaye points out that the Bible makes it very clear that Babylon will be destroyed twice and rebuilt twice and then destoyed once and for all during the Great Tribulation. Tim LaHaye also speculates (on page 142) that Saddam Hussein may very well be the forerunner of the Antichrist.

Long after the destruction of Babylon by the Roman Empire in A.D. 70, Saddam Hussein began rebuilding his own country in 1971. So Babylon has been destroyed and rebuilt once in history.

But as I speak Babylon is being destroyed yet again, by coalition forces in the Persian Gulf and must again be rebuilt. After that it can only be destroyed once more once and for all time. If that is true, then who must rebuild Babylon? I believe that it is the Antichrist himself! He will rebuild it to be the most technologically advanced, earthquake-proof, modern city in the world!

Who is the Antichrist? From Daniel 9:26-27 we learn that the Antichrist is of Roman decent and must come from one of the eastern Mediterranean countries. He may very well fulfill many, but not all, of the prophecies for "Messiah." But He is NOT the Messiah! For those who are Left Behind, I say to you, "Beware of the One who comes to power in the world after the Rapture. For He will rule the world through diplomacy, through a false peace. He will be killed by a sword and rise from the dead at the mid-point of the Tribulation. Do not trust Him for Satan will indwell in Him!"

The point is, we must be ready for the rapture to come anytime after Saddam Hussein's successor comes to power in Iraq. For in that position, his successor will be in the perfect place to become secretary-general of the U.N. and create a one-world government after the rapture. He will sign a treaty with Israel gauranteeing her saftey and allow the Muslim Dome of the Rock holy site to be moved so that the Jews can rebuild their temple there. Possibly sometime during the Tribulation Russia and her Arab allies may attack Israel, but Israel will be supernaturally protected.

Oh! We must be ready! If you haven't already accepted Christ as your savior, do it now before it is too late! And if you have already accepted Christ as your savior, perhaps you should do it again to be rest assured. For no one in their right mind will want to live through the terrible judgements of the 7-year Tribulation. If you want to be saved, say this little prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, I confess that I have sinned against heaven and in your sight and need forgiveness. Thank you for sending your son Jesus to die on the cross for my sins, according to the scriptures, and I thank you for raising him from the dead. Today I ask Him to come into my heart to cleanse me from my sin and become my Lord and Savior. I give myself to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Now go find a Church so that you can fellowhship with other Christians. And remember, "Go and sin no more!"

The rapture could occur only months from now, or even weeks. As it says in the Bible, no one knows the hour in which Christ will come and no one should guess the hour in which Christ will come. But we can guess the season. And I believe the season is this season! Here! Now! It may not be long before the believers are all in heaven! SO BE READY FOR THE LORD!!! :D :D :D

"He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." --Revelation 22:20-21

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

wow thats pretty cool, i may talk to my bible group about this.

iJon

3. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Re: Behold! For We May Yet Be in the Season of His Coming! Praise God Almighty!

Well..... You can quit blathering... I've been here for 25 or so years. They really buggered up the translations though so don't be looking for a verbatim Rapture. :rolleyes:

4. alset macrumors 65816

alset

You know, we can link just about anything to anything. I see no reason to worry about it. I even wrote a paper for a New Testament class (you see, I like to know exactly why I don't subscribe to religion) likening Steve Jobs to Jesus. I had all kinds of prophecy fulfilled by the man. It was tongue in cheek, but you wouldn't believe how easy it was.

I'm just saying, you know....

My instructor loved it, btw, and I got an A+.

Dan

5. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

HA! That is hillarious, you should post the paper, in it's own thread of course. I would love to see it!

6. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Bagdad has been bombed numerous times in 30 years. Iran-Iraq war, Persian Gulf 1, Operation Dessert Fox, and Operation Iraqi Freedom. So apparently the devil has already come, the tribulations are already over and we should all be in hell? Nah, dude.

I like the linking of Frank Herberts Dune to Iraq better.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: Alternate definition...

You sure they aren't talking about San Francisco?

8. MacRumorSkeptic macrumors regular

If the book of Revelation is true I don't believe we can know exactly how it will come about.
    There are a lot of differing opinions on the meaning of certain scriptures.

For example the destruction of Mystery Babylon (Rev. 17 & 18). Many think these chapters describe the United States of America and that her destruction will open up the opportunity for a one world government to take control (maybe the U.N.).

When it comes to the Mark of the Beast some wonder if it will simply be a mark on your forehead or hand or GPS chip technology embedded in your forehead or hand.

As for the Anti-Christ the prime candidate would have to be Maitreya (www.shareintl.org) or someone very much like him. Remember that the Anti-Christ is not someone that most people will fear but will rather look at him as someone who has the answers to the problems of the time.

9. brogers macrumors regular

Very interesting stuff. I love it. I too am a believer in the Rapture as well as the 7 year Tribulation. I have read the Left Behind series and Revelations as well as most of the Bible.

I also consider myself "saved" as I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. I feel though that the most important part of all the end times stuff is to stay focused on my personal relationship with Jesus and to leave the when and hows to him.

I have seen some people get so caught up in the prophecy stuff that they forget to be a Christian.

BTW, I would love to see the Steve Jobs/Messiah paper or whatever it was. Jesus fulfilled all the Old Testement prophecies for the Messiah.....all of them. That is over 300. Statistically that is impossible unless of course, he was the Messiah.

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Shrek, i must point out that when you look at all the crimes against humanity that Saddam had done, the world community did little if anything! And the little it did was with the U.S. pushing as hard as it could. The world is perfectly ripe for the next Hitler,antichrist or whatever you want to call him. I think this person will indeed come out of Europe somewhere and will be able to fool all the Peace marcher types, the appeasers, the so called do nothings and he will use this to gain power. It will be to late for many by the time they figure this out.

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Didn't god say after he flooded the world that he would never
    punish us again, or something along those lines?

THe whole idea of rapture seems contradictory to 'God's
    uncodional love'.

:(

12. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

I'm a Believer here as well, good to see other here, follow the Lord...One thing though, that Maitreya stuff is kinda scary...

13. brogers macrumors regular

Good point Scem0.

However, God makes it perfectly clear that there are consequences for our actions. That is why we have "free will". We can choose our path, but sin comes with a cost.

The rapture clears the world of the people that belongs to God/Jesus and paves the way for terrible things brought on by man/Satan. Those caught up in the Rapture are rewarded by not having to be here during those times. There is no complete destruction of the world. Jesus comes back and reigns for 1000 years.

There will, however, be death, earthquakes and famine. Not a good place to be for that 7 years.

I liken it to my kids. I love them 100%. They do something wrong, I still love them, but they must pay the price. Does not change my love for them at all.

Someone smarter than me can chime in whenever they want if I have the rapture part wrong.

14. alset macrumors 65816

alset

But you never met the man. If, years from now, my paper calling Steve a messiah had origins unknown then all kinds of embellishments could be considered statistical proof.

Dan

15. brogers macrumors regular

True and a good point. The Bible however is a really accurate history of the world that has survived for thousands of years. The prophecies of Jesus were documented during his life and accounts of his life were written very shortly after his death by people who knew him.

These people also knew that they could be killed for their faith and teachings. Seems logical that they would not go so far as to die for something they knew to be wrong.

Then there is faith. If you don't have it, none of the Bible works.

16. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

exactly, its like trying to tell someone harry potter is true. gotta have faith to believe in it. which i do, but it is very hard to prove, although didnt they find noah's arc some time ago?

iJon

17. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I don't know how they could possible find a ship and know that
    it was 'Noah's Arc'...... Well, the story of Noah was taken from
    the Sumarian Story of Gilgamesh, so it wouldn't really credit the
    bible much if the did find it. :rolleyes:

18. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

That what some people try to say--that because two stories are closely related they must be one and the same, but they're really not. The idea that Noah's story is based upon a Sumarian story is only speculation and nothing more.

19. brogers macrumors regular

Most ancient cultures have a story of world flooding. These are all told from different parts of the world by civilizations that could never have met each other. Seems likely to me that a great flood happened.

Oceanographers as starting to study shore lines and some other complicated stuff that I can't quote. Saw a great show on Discover a year or so ago about it. Turns out that they believe the Black Sea was once a thriving community in a deep valley that was flooded by a massive world wide event.

More stuff that makes me think that science will eventually proof the Bible correct.

Thing is, I don't need scientific proof or artifacts or ruins of ancient cities. I have faith and the word of God. Once I found faith, it just seemed to make since. Before that, it was a confusing mess that I debated all the time.

20. FatTony macrumors regular

Well, Bush is asking for $2.5 billion (out of his request for $75 billion) for for relief and reconstruction of Iraq. Does that make Bush the antichrist?

I think it would take more than $2.5 billion to make any city the "most technologically advanced, earthquake-proof, modern city in the world."

21. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Well, yes, $2.5 billion isn't enough. Most of the money needed to rebuild the country will come from it's own treasures--it's oil wells. ;)

And no, Bush is not the Antichrist. He hardly fits the Biblical prophecy for the Antichrist.

22. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Last I checked Babylon was not a major city in Iraq and is only a tourist attraction (well, would be if you could go) south of Bagdad.

I don't think its going to be destroyed in the war, and its not been rebuilt, either.

D

Attached Files:

23. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

"Babylon" in the Bible is really is a generic term for "the headquarters of Satan." Present-day Iraq was the first such headquarters, but was eventually moved to Rome in 70 A.D. after the fall of Babylonian Empire to the Romans. But "Babylon" is about to move back to present-day Iraq where it is believed that the Antichrist (or Son of Satan) himself will rule from it. :eek:

24. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Sure, ah thanks for clearing that up for me. And you truly believe this?

I don't want to get this thread mired down, but you're making things a little too black and white here. Its never that simple and saying that the ultimate evil will be showing up is a little absurd. Sorry. You're entitled to your beliefs, and I respect that, but this is not for me.

D