Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Saw this floating around on the 'net...

Head over to PopCap's site, click on Bejeweled (the first one, not the newer vesrion 2) or link for the lazy, then scroll down to click "Buy now." Fill out info. And at the bottom click to redeem coupon, use coupon code: FREE4MOMS and it should be free. :)

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
I could* kiss you devilot

*if I were to ignore the judges comments, grrrr

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I had the less-known game Bejeweled basically took, made glossy, and started charging for way back in the day. I believe it was called Swapper and it too was a digital and workable version of an ancient game. Come to think of it I really should dig through my old backups and find it.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
great find, devilot! thanks for sharing. unfortunately, they've been overwhelmed and the ordering part of the site is down again. guess i will try again later... :eek:

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I tried it but when I went to download from the receipt page it downloaded the PC version. When I tried to apply my order # to the Mac version it said invalid. What gives?

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I got it to work.

Download the demo
When it starts up click Register to Remove this Delay
Then click on Click here to register online
Enter your information as well as the code*
Click Continue
You coupon will be redeemed
Click Place Order

That's it.

*When I went to enter my info I had to remove the PC version as well as Bejeweled 2 from the cart.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Cool, thanks :)

The 'Buy Now' page worked for me straight away.

I didn't realise that it was so similar to Zoo Keeper on the Nintendo DS, and I really love that game. It looks like I'll have to buy the iPod version too now! :D

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
I don't get it. Why is it working for some but not for others? I couldn't use the buy now button or get it free after installing the demo. What gives?:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.