Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I haven't seen a thread for our beloved Irish store yet, so thought I should start one..... I know a few of us have already mentioned having a meetup in the 'UK News' thread, so now we have our own thread.

I'm sure lots of people, north and south, plan on going to this store on launch day -whenever we find out what day that is, of course :confused:
(Sorry, i'm still reeling from yesterday's disappointment -MacBook Pro updates but no iPad UK news!)

Register your intentions here....
Hope to meet some of you there!

AnDi86

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2007
Ballymoney N.Ireland
I shall hopefully be there! I have the Saturday the 24th the day the rumours suggested originally booked off work!

Fingers crossed for some UK news today!

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Since I've been so impatient and ordered one online I'll have to forgo the high fives with apple staff <shudder>, laughing at super nerds, costa coffee and the 'about to get mugged' feeling down in the car park :p

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Since I've been so impatient and ordered one online I'll have to forgo the high fives with apple staff <shudder>, laughing at super nerds, costa coffee and the 'about to get mugged' feeling down in the car park :p

You're gonna miss out.. laughing at super nerds is the BEST part! :eek:

FlexPen76

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
I'll be there; even though-

1 - My wife already has a 16Gb a relative brought back from a trip to the US last week. I wasn't interested in the iPad until I seen that one - now I want it!

2 - I might be going to the US in early May as part of a work thing, and as Apple haven't released a pricing structure yet (come on, seriously whats the holdup?) it's likely to be cheaper over there.

I'll be there anywhere just for the "atmos" - eugh, I feel dirty now!

PearlJam

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
A workmate was supposed to travel to New York on Thursday and whilst there pick up a 32GB for my good self. He obviously didn't get there thanks to the ash but is due to leave on Saturday instead.

If there are none in stock when he's over I think there's a good chance I'll be taking a scoot up to The Shaft on launch day. So long as the prices aren't ridiculous of course.

I wonder if we'll be able to reserve for store pick up.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
I'll be there to get myself a case of some sort and a dock (haven't decided on keyboard or normal yet).

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
This is nothing more than a shameless bump.

Depending on how the preordering works on Monday, I still plan to pick up a 16gb or 32gb 3G model.

PearlJam

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
So what was the turnout like? I didn't go in the end as my (pre)order arrived the day before release.

Caolan96

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Derry, Northern Ireland, UK
I was there at about 6 in the morning, there were about 16 of us true fanboys there, freezing our asses off :p

by 8 there was at least a hundred people there, and by the time i got out of the shop at 8:15 there were more.

Thats just a rough estimate of course ;]

cheers,

caolan.

Banana Pancakes

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2010
I was there at about 6 in the morning, there were about 16 of us true fanboys there, freezing our asses off :p

by 8 there was at least a hundred people there, and by the time i got out of the shop at 8:15 there were more.

Thats just a rough estimate of course ;]

cheers,

caolan.

6am? lightweight! I was there since 3am :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.