Belfast, Victoria Square

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by mikey2004, Jun 18, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Right seems from the UK thread theres quite a few of us reserved iphone 4 at Victoria Square.

So who's all heading down? What Time? and which iPhone 4 model have you reserved or hoping to get?

I'll be down for just after 7am, reserved 16gb black

2. macrumors 6502

I'll be there for my sins...32GB model tentatively 'reserved' :rolleyes:

I don't really want to be there before 7:45.....so I guess that'll put me at the back of the line lol

Who's doing the coffee run then?!

3. macrumors member

Meeeeeeee :)

Not sure what time though but early enough I guess. 2/3 friends with me too.

4. macrumors member

i'm hoping to get there for 10/11 - i have a 16gb reserved, do people think i may be leaving it too late if they have limited stock??

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Even if you arrive at 7:30pm they'll still have it for you. I just want to get there early as ive been iphoneless for a week and its awful

6. thread starter macrumors regular

Will starbucks be open and do they sell tea?

7. macrumors member

that's good to know - i have a fear that they have taken too many reserved orders and not enough stock so will be first come first serve for the reserved iphones too.
    i'm in the same situation, going crazy without it - although this long lasting battery life of my current nokia 2323 has me shocked! think i've been used to the iphone battery for far too long......

8. macrumors member

No they aren't open at that time I think, but the Apple store actually have coffee brought around for everyone in line (at least they have in the past.)

9. macrumors 6502

not sure what time they open tbh....they do sell tea though for what its worth!

Think I'll bring my own...at least it'll be drinkable :eek:

Now I'm thinking 7am ffs.....I have to drive to Dublin after I pick it up!!

10. macrumors newbie

See you all there also :)
    Reserved mines,will prob get there around 7.30am :)
    Any word on if the apple store will supply the micro sim if we are setting up contract or do we need to get them from o2 on Monday?

11. thread starter macrumors regular

Think i'll bring a whiskey flask then :)

12. macrumors member

I've been scouring another forum (with AV in it's name) and many people have posted that Apple stores will have micro SIMs available. However going to an O2 shop on Monday might be better as it'll be set up and ready for Thursday.

13. macrumors member

I've a 16GB reserved - obviously it's black but I wanted white! Unless I hear worrying information beforehand I won't be picking it up until after work, so some time between 5 and 6 in the p.m. I'm going to concerts on Tuesday and Wednesday next week so probably won't be fit for a very early drive up the A8 to Belshaft.

14. macrumors newbie

Hi folks.

I work in town anyway so heading to Victoria Square aint a big issue for me. But i havent preordered anything as i'm hoping to get a 32gig black iPhone 4 on Orange. Do you reckon that should be a problem? Or will they only have sim free stock on release day? Or do you reckon i'd be better heading to one of the Orange shops in town and waiting there for the shop to open?

Surprised to see that there is that many others from Belfast on here....good to see!

Mark

15. macrumors newbie

got a 32gb black reserved.

Think il leave my house in ards about 7, just want to be there in time to see them opening the store and all the hustle and bustle thats gona be going on :)

16. macrumors 6502

Scaremongering says they don't have any allocation beyond pre orders :eek:

Best thing to do is ring the store on Wednesday and ask!

17. macrumors newbie

Just off the phone to Orange and the girl on the phone said she doesnt know if the stores will have stock on Thursday. But that i would get a text as long as i have registered online telling me how to get one. She said they still dont know if they are going to allow preorders before Thurs yet.

18. macrumors 6502

benfilan

Ok so I really want a sim free on launch day, but 1) I haven't reserved and 2) I want a white one. So I could be screwed.

Gonna wait and see if there's any news closer to the time re: availability:confused:

19. macrumors member

32gb black. the only choice!

A few questions - where's the best place to park? Is there a carpark in the centre itself?

Secondly, I'm coming from ROI. Paid a visit to an 02 republic of ireland shop today and was told that they can't port my number over to a microSIM!? The microSIM's that they have are for iPads only (I know - rubbish). I'm going to go at my SIM with a pair of scissors, but just wondering would anybody heading down Thursday morning have one of those SIM cutters? If they did that would save a lot of hassle - I'd be eternally grateful!

20. macrumors 6502

You can park in the Victoria Square car park below the Apple store!
    Word is you get a micro SIM at the Apple store....not sure how it works with O2 Ireland but can't imagine it being any different! ( worst case you can take a walk round to the O2 shop 200m away and see if they'll give you one )

21. macrumors newbie

A sim free iPhone 4 will certainly not be coming with a microsim, and an O2 UK microsim will not work with an O2 IE account.

Vodafone changed their microsim policy yesterday and microsims are available in all VF stores from Monday for any type of account, so I'll be getting one then in preparation for Thursday. Maybe O2 will see the light as well! ;)

Oh and I haven't decided when to turn up to the store yet, I've got a reservation so no rush I guess, but I'm tempted to turn up just before the opening.

22. macrumors regular

I'm guessing theres no way to upgrade your o2 contract in the apple store, as i'm due this week, and get a free iphone, so i'm guessing i have to go to an o2 shop? :(

23. macrumors member

Cheers. Anybody tried ringing the Apple Store and seeing what their policy is going to be with SIM cards on Thursday? Would be very surprised if they can port your existing SIM onto Micro SIM in the store.

I'm heading up for 7.30am. It would really piss me off if I turned up at 7pm to be told they were all gone (even though I've pre-ordered). That would mean no iPhone 4 until August most likely. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan - including the Micro SIM debacle. Who'd have thought we'd be discussing SIM cards on a mac rumors forum!? Very 1998 altogether - how many contacts can your SIM card hold??

24. thread starter macrumors regular

Apple do upgrades for contract iphones. Im upgrading my contract at the Apple store, im on the 18m £45pm contract, so will need to pay £89 for my iphone. Are you on the £70p/m contract?

25. macrumors member

iD4V3

Haha im surprised at how many from Northern Ireland are on these Forums! :)

Ill be there on Thursday to collect my iPhone, maybe about 10 ill go down for, cupa tea to keep me going :)