Belkin 54 G router (F5D7230-4 model)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by YS2003, Dec 1, 2005.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I have been using Belkin 54 G router for my home network. It has been working flawlessly for all my Macs and 2 other PCs.

Just a few days ago, I noticed there is a new home network in the neighorhood (without any security setting) using the similar Belkin router. The Belkin router I am using has the setting menu at http://192.168.2.1/. Somehow I cannot get to 192.168.2.1 even though my Macs are connected to the network. I see my home network name (I have the network name set up along with WAP Personal password and I don't broadcase the name of my network).

But, I can get on that new network set up by a neighbor and I can go to his/her 192.168.2.1 and look and change the setting on his/her router! This is very strange and I am wondering what would be the good remedy for this. Basically, I would like to access 192.168.2.1 to change my setting. My home network is working with the proper security in place.

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

You might try resetting the router, follow the instructions that came with the router for how to reset it, if I remember correctly it's kind of finicky as to whether or not it wants to reset.

Once it's reset, make sure you're using your network, and try to get to the admin page and change your settings.

3. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

I did a quick reset first time to fix this. Since it did not work, I did the reset second time by uplugging the router a few seconds longer than the first try.

It is now working and I can have an access the 192.168.2.1 to change the setting.