Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobby3

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2007
Can anybody confirm weather or not their iPhone charges after the 1.01 update? I had mine connected with the battery low & playing music, and during the playing I got an error that the charge was below 20%. I do see that the icon shows its charging, but I'm not totally sure it actually is...

Also, I do notice that my iPhone sounds quieter on the auto kit than my iPod does... Noticeably so...

Also, did anybody else notice on the UK belkin compatability site it shows the Auto Adapter is compatible:
http://www.belkin.com/uk/ipod/iphone/

But the American page is missing it as well as several other accessories:
http://www.belkin.com/ipod/iphone/

Interesting, but I dunno if it means anything...

PASHN8

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
Charging?

Hey guys,

Thread from the dead! :)

First post after coming across this thread on google and greetings from Melbourne, Australia!

Quick question for you guru's, I have a iPhone 3G and recently purchased the same Belkin adapter for my car.
What I found is that the sound works perfectly straight out of the box, but I am having the opposite problem, it won't CHARGE the iPhone :(

From what I read you all were having the opposite problem where it was charging ok, but wouldn't play sound at all?
I don't want to snip the white wire if that only affect sound playback as that is already working, I want to get it to charge the iPhone.

When I connect it is simply gives the message regarding airport mode etc, then just says it wasn't designed for this device and doesn't charge it :(

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Dino.

aphexii

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2006
To Daremo

Are you able to hear phone calls through your car speakers? The callers can hear me just fine, but i can't hear them unless i put the phone up to my ear or put them on speaker, which, the volume on the speakerphone is useless in the car :eek:

I may be mistaken, but I believe the reason you don't hear the callers is because in-call audio is not passed through the dock connector on the bottom (it only plays out via the built in speaker on the iPhone or via the headphone jack on top).

Your best bet if you want to hear the in-call audio, plug the audio cable into your iPhone's headphone jack.

EDIT: Holy old thread batman.

NickFury

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2007
I may be mistaken, but I believe the reason you don't hear the callers is because in-call audio is not passed through the dock connector on the bottom (it only plays out via the built in speaker on the iPhone or via the headphone jack on top).

Your best bet if you want to hear the in-call audio, plug the audio cable into your iPhone's headphone jack.

EDIT: Holy old thread batman.

LOL Blast from the PAST! :D

Ohh how much its changed since then.

Still with I could use my Belkin Auto Kit with my 3g, it worked so well :(

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Mine has always worked with my iPhone, regardless if Airplane Mode is used or not. :confused:

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
Yeah I'm having the same problem as is everyone with this Belkin Auto Kit with my iPhone 3G. Music plays through just fine but not giving it a charge is a real pain. Kind of disappointing as I had the setup custom installed into my car and now it looks like I'm going to have to buy the "updated" Belkin kit that Best Buy is selling then have my old setup pulled and the "new" one reinstalled. Damn firewire bus! Ha.

PASHN8

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
Yeah I'm having the same problem as is everyone with this Belkin Auto Kit with my iPhone 3G. Music plays through just fine but not giving it a charge is a real pain. Kind of disappointing as I had the setup custom installed into my car and now it looks like I'm going to have to buy the "updated" Belkin kit that Best Buy is selling then have my old setup pulled and the "new" one reinstalled. Damn firewire bus! Ha.

Hi bud,

What is the 'new/updated' Belkin kit you speak of? Does it work with the 3G iPhone?
If so, please tell me the part no. or model as I would love to get hold of it! This not charging problem of the old one is driving me nuts :(

dorittos

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
Taking this post from the grave

I would like to know if somebody has tested this hack with a ipod touch or iphone 3GS?

Does it charge them?

I dont like fm transmiter and this one is very cheap now, and has the signal amplifier, which is great for better audio quality.

Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.