Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ElDogman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
http://youtu.be/8K1U8twZUv0

First off my apologies for the Camera Fail.. after reviewing it, I recognized some parts such as port access were not caught very well on Camera.. also video quality sucks, but since no one made a review of this case yet it might as well be me.

Summary
- skin is most likely faux leather, there's a textured part and a smooth part
- hole cut outs are good, most of the switches are easily accessible
- it uses the same type of bumper lay out as Maroo's SP bumper
- auto on/off works on the brown one, not the black one
- if you move the front cover a little bit, it'll trigger the switch
- it uses a magnetic latch to keep the front cover down, you can also bend it backwards.. on the black one its more workable, not so much on the brown one
- you have five different grooves that you could use for cinema/landscape viewing. each groove has 4 lines within them you could use so in a way that's 20 different angles, but even with out the grooves, the stand holds pretty firmly in its position
- you can place the angle all the way down to the edge for a good typing angle
- you can also fold the cover back and hook it under the the back tab for another typing and and viewing angle
- if you don't want the interior exposed to the surface, you can bend the front cover inwards, under the ipad and get another typing angle
- quality varies as there's some differences between the black and brown version
- it is a little bit thicker and heavier than some other folios I've used
- its pricey

Some things I forgot to mention on the video review:
- auto on/off didn't work on the black one yet when holding it in book mode, the magnets on the black one held the cover better than the brown one
- at least with the black one, scuffing and scratches show up very easily on the skin, especially the smooth part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.