Belkin coupon code

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by OKComputer, Mar 20, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

Im not a spammer I swear but I just found a coupon code for 50 percent off at belkin.com

its 12345 if you can believe it

2. macrumors 604

clayj

I just tried it... it didn't work for me. (I tried it on one of those wireless PureAV component boxes... that's the only thing I really need right now, and saving $250 would be a hell of a good bargain.)

3. macrumors 6502a

mxpiazza

i just tried it with a 14 foot 6-pin to 6-pin firewire cable and it absolutley worked... amazing. i wish i had a need for something from belkin.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

just picked up a bt adapter for my imac G5 and a leather case for my wifes ipod mini. Sweet

5. macrumors 6502a

mxpiazza

yeah, looks like it works with some items and dosen't work for others... try it out if you need anything guys, it does work for some items

6. macrumors 6502a

acedickson

I just picked up a 4-pin to 6-pin Firewire cable. Thanks for pointing out it works with them mxpiazza. Half price is great!

7. macrumors regular

Aw man... so the secret's out now? ;)

It certainly works on the iPod Auto Kit, by the way.

8. macrumors 6502a

mxpiazza

no prob... what an oversight by Belkin. get it while you can, folks!

9. Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Actually, this code has been active most of the time for well over a year. I saw it on spoofee. They do disable it every couple of months, but a week later its back. It probably will be active (mostly) for a long time.

10. macrumors 604

clayj

If you take a minute to think about this, it's actually pretty smart of them to do this... after all, the profit margins on stuff like cables are pretty high, so even if they sell something at 50% off MSRP, they still probably make SOME money, and SOME money is better than NO money. And everyone thinks they're getting a great deal (they are, I suppose), so they all rush off to buy something. The only people getting hurt by this are retailers (Best Buy, CompUSA, Circuit City, etc.), since Belkin's pulling the rug out from under them by going direct to the consumer.

Pretty smart.

11. Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Oh, I agree. Everyone thinks they are getting a limited time offer and loads up on stuff they proabably wouldn't buy otherwise. Plus IMO the Belkin website has generally high prices. The 50% brings them back into the market.