Belkin F5D7000 Desktop Wireless Card, calling all users

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Greencardman, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Greencardman macrumors 6502

Ok, got the card, Panther doesn't recognize it ( my software is now up to date). I know people have gotten this card woorking. Belkin says it doesn't, but I know people have used it. I think the version I haven't doesn't work, but other versions might. I have version 3001 (its on the card and also on a little sticker on the bottom of the box). Can people who have gotten it to work find out what version they have? I want to try take it back to comp USA and see if they have one that works, or any other Wireless Desktop Card that works, if you know exactly, positively and under threat of perjury that it does. (Cause I'm really sick of this issue, can you tell? :)

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

My understanding from MacFormat magazine is that the PCI card labeled 125g is fully compatible because it uses the same Broadcom chipset as the Apple cards. They did not mention the standard 802.11g card.

3. oxygrad macrumors newbie

I had the same problem

I have a Titanium PB G4 400 Mgz, I tried the Belkin 7010 card (Version 3000), which doesnt work because it doesn't have the Broadcom chip set that the Airport software needs. If you can find a 7010 card Version 1000 or Version 2000, or a 7011 card Version 1000, then it will work. I bought the 7011 card at CompUSA for $60 and I got a $30 mail-in rebate for a total cost of $30. I couldn't be happier with the 7011 card.

4. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

so wait, the F5D7010 is a PC card, will that go in the airport slot, or do I need a PCI card on a G4 tower?

5. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

OOOOOO

Ok, so I downloaded a driver, and my mac can see the wireless network! Woo hoo! It seems I still can't connect though. The airport admin says i don't have an airport card, and safari says it can't find the server, but i know ita there!!! I'm so close I can smell it. When i screw the antenna into the back of the card it recognizes that the signal goes up. But how do i connect: Any ideas?

6. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah Baby Yeah!!!!!

Ok, so being the dumbass, I didn't actually know what to do. But, I did a search here and was trying some stuff, and all it took was to open the network preferences pane and it said it detected a new port, i then clicked on it, and said apply now, and it automatically configured it. Woo hoo! Thanks for everyone's help. I'm so freaking happy, everything is working, and my day is now complete. Or is it.... hmm now to get my pPC laptop and g4 talking, sounds like fun :)...

7. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, for all future references:

I used a Belkin F5d7000 Wireless G Desktop Network Card: version 3001

After installing it, I downloaded a driver from here:

http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm

I installed it, and then went to OS X network Preferences, and set it up. I don't know how exactly i set it up, i went kinda quick and just clicked buttons, but it came up as recognized, and then it set up my ip address and everything. Hope this helps others out, thanks for everyone's help, ya'll are amazing.