Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prisoner6

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
Interesting... where are you guys located? Mine is def. Going back. What a deal breaker. The other style is much better.

I'm in North Carolina. I'm not super enthused by the more open one, but it's not a complete deal breaker. I mostly wanted something thin just for the very back so that when I set it down its covered. If I find a better option in the next couple of weeks this one might go back.

prisoner6

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
Ya, I just searched for a while for one with full coverage and thought I was getting that, so that is why I want the other one.

The TPU one I got from eBay offers more coverage at a much lower price. It is a little thicker, but not by much. I guess it just depends on how thin you want it.

I like the Belkin overall so far. If I had a chance to pick up the one with more coverage I would, but this will do for now.

bouda

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2007
Dang! I'm glad I got in on this early and got the one that I did.

I think we all got in early since its not even oh the shelves yet. But I agree, I'm hoping the full coverage one is the one they sticker with. I'm wondering if the other 2 best buy had are the same as mine or better. I paid $12 for it and am still disappointed.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Ya, I just searched for a while for one with full coverage and thought I was getting that, so that is why I want the other one.

Found this PDF on the Belkin UK website which seems to show the cover with the less coverage.

Attachments

• F8N631ebC01_544455.pdf
    109.7 KB · Views: 308

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
hey bouda before you return that case would you consider selling it to me?

I can't find one anywhere and would love to take it off your hands!

I sent you a pm

thanks

bouda

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2007
No, that's the original. The other has less coverage on the bottom between the speaker and dock connector.

No i think he is right. the one in the pdf looks like mine with less coverage... not a good sign.

bouda

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2007
hey bouda before you return that case would you consider selling it to me?

I can't find one anywhere and would love to take it off your hands!

I sent you a pm

thanks

depends if i find the other one...

duk

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
I finally picked mine up, first thing I noticed when I got home, it had outside scratches, which I could live with... Then I noticed the inside had these large smudgy fingerprints that are etched into the case, as if someone grabed it during production before the plastic had cooled, looked creepy, unfortunately I didn't take a picture before exchanging the case. The new one appears to be ok. First impressions, does what I'm looking for, but I feel ripped off at this price, I'm convinced the packaging cost the same, if not more to produce than this case. I'll be keeping an eye on best buys sight for a price match, 39.99 can't possibly be the actual retail price, even apple wouldn't charge that much for something like this. We shall see.

bouda

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2007
I finally picked mine up, first thing I noticed when I got home, it had outside scratches, which I could live with... Then I noticed the inside had these large smudgy fingerprints that are etched into the case, as if someone grabed it during production before the plastic had cooled, looked creepy, unfortunately I didn't take a picture before exchanging the case. The new one appears to be ok. First impressions, does what I'm looking for, but I feel ripped off at this price, I'm convinced the packaging cost the same, if not more to produce than this case. I'll be keeping an eye on best buys sight for a price match, 39.99 can't possibly be the actual retail price, even apple wouldn't charge that much for something like this. We shall see.

did u get the full coverage one or the one i posted pics of a few threads back? where r u located?

duk

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
did u get the full coverage one or the one i posted pics of a few threads back? where r u located?

Mine is the full coverage one as described by the OP. I'm surprised by this other one that is showing up, i would not like that at all, I wonder why they are leaving so much space open? If you zoom in on the PDF posted a few comments up, you can clearly see it is the one with the larger opening at the bottom and the part where the smart cover attaches has a lot more space surrounding it, so I guess that's going to be the official release... How freaky. Thanks to the OP for the heads up on this, although I don't like the price, this case is exactly what i was looking for. I'm in Houston, several best buys have this in stock, if anyone is interested, I returned the slightly, cosmetically defective one to the galleria location, so perhaps it will be available at a discount.

Jamie37211

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
Ran by my closest best buy just on the off chance and they had a few on the rack. They were the full-coverage version, so I grabbed two - one for me and another for the wife. Gotta say, I'm liking it so far - feels protective without adding a lot of bulk, cut outs are clean and just the right size in my opinion. Pricey, but worth it if it means shedding the sleeve I've been using when I just want to run around with it.

Thanks for the heads-up OP!

duk

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
I did a bit of research, from what I gather, iPad 2 cases with unusually large openings/exposed areas are a result of being rushed to market without official confirmation of potential ports that may have ended up on the iPad 2. I would now assume the more accurate case with better coverage will most likely end up being the official release. That may also explain why I at first ended up with one that had quality control issues, probably literally hot of the press.

TxMacAddict

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Mine is the full coverage one as described by the OP. I'm surprised by this other one that is showing up, i would not like that at all, I wonder why they are leaving so much space open? If you zoom in on the PDF posted a few comments up, you can clearly see it is the one with the larger opening at the bottom and the part where the smart cover attaches has a lot more space surrounding it, so I guess that's going to be the official release... How freaky. Thanks to the OP for the heads up on this, although I don't like the price, this case is exactly what i was looking for. I'm in Houston, several best buys have this in stock, if anyone is interested, I returned the slightly, cosmetically defective one to the galleria location, so perhaps it will be available at a discount.

Thanks for the info RE Houston stock. I snagged one at the Best Buy Memorial City location. I love it! Previously I was using the ebay tpu case and its ok for the price but all the cutouts didn't line up as perfectly like the Belkin does and I'm loving the clear soft touch.

Yunosuke

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2007
Foster City, CA
Ran by my closest best buy just on the off chance and they had a few on the rack. They were the full-coverage version, so I grabbed two - one for me and another for the wife. Gotta say, I'm liking it so far - feels protective without adding a lot of bulk, cut outs are clean and just the right size in my opinion. Pricey, but worth it if it means shedding the sleeve I've been using when I just want to run around with it.

Thanks for the heads-up OP!

Just to report that I got the full coverage one from Best Buy, Bay Area Mountain View. They've got about 5 of them. I love it. Unfortunately it didn't fit with BSE so I decided to take my BSE off from the back. I might try Ghost Armor but because of this precision design and full coverage, I now feel like I don't need the skin solution with this case.

bouda

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2007
I did a bit of research, from what I gather, iPad 2 cases with unusually large openings/exposed areas are a result of being rushed to market without official confirmation of potential ports that may have ended up on the iPad 2. I would now assume the more accurate case with better coverage will most likely end up being the official release. That may also explain why I at first ended up with one that had quality control issues, probably literally hot of the press.

It will be interesting to see. The product seems to be brand new as it is not even on the US Belkin site yet, and the UK site shows the case with the less coverage.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
I purchased one of the full cover models today for my wife's iPad. I really like the soft touch.

For my ipad I'm using a skin purchased from Stickerboy and popped it on mine to see if it would still fit. It fits exactly the same as on the naked iPad.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
great overall case for iPad 2! if you can find one!

found several of them THE FULL COVERAGE ONES by calling around. I'm going to get one now to see if it's the same one! hope this ends my searching for this elusive item!

got mine. so glad I put in the effort!

It does appear many bb's don't have them on shelves so it's best to call the stores with that sku number.

Impression of FULL COVERAGE Shell:

Hooray for Belkin' They get the reward for getting the smart cover compatibale case sizing right, not too big, not too small, very very light, perfect fit all the way around!

This s much lighter than the Mareware by leaps and bounds!

Best full coverage money can buy!

While it's kinda frost, this will no doubt not show scratches like a clear plastic hard case would, this one is not completely clear, but clear enough.

It has that very nice matte feeling to it making it easy to grip. Full coverage everywhere, fits with Wrapsol and my Power Support matte screen protector. I could not be happier with this purchase!

Case search over for this iPad generation!

I highly recommend this one!

Now I will wait for the Mophie Workbook for IPad and I'm truly done!

oh I might get that new Belkin adjustable stand, don't think it's been released yet but it sure looks like it will give the skdoosh a run for it's money at less than half the price!

Last edited:

bouda

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2007
found several of them by calling around. I'm going to get one now to see if it's the same one! hope this ends my searching for this elusive item!

got mine. so glad I put in the effort!

It does appear many bb's don't have them on shelves so it's best to call the stores with that sku number.

Impression:

Hooray for Belkin' They get the reward for getting the smart cover compatibale case sizing right, not too big, not too small, very very light, perfect fit all the way around!

This s much lighter than the Mareware by leaps and bounds!

Best full coverage money can buy!

While it's kinda frost, this will no doubt not show scratches like a clear plastic hard case would, this one is not completely clear, but clear enough.

It has that very nice matte feeling to it making it easy to grip. Full coverage everywhere, fits with Wrapsol and my Power Support matte screen protector. I could not be happier with this purchase!

Case search over for this iPad generation!

I highly recommend this one!

Now I will wait for the Mophie Workbook for IPad and I'm truly done!

oh I might get that new Belkin adjustable stand, don't think it's been released yet but it sure looks like it will give the skdoosh a run for it's money at less than half the price!

So... Did they have a lot of the full coverage ones? Seems these might be popping up more then the others that are not full protection. Maybe the others were made before all ports were confirmed.

Off topic, but the matte power support, is that the HD anti glare? I would like to get this, but am a little worried about putting it on perfectly. - I tried pming you but it says you do not except them.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
So... Did they have a lot of the full coverage ones? Seems these might be popping up more then the others that are not full protection. Maybe the others were made before all ports were confirmed.

Off topic, but the matte power support, is that the HD anti glare? I would like to get this, but am a little worried about putting it on perfectly. - I tried pming you but it says you do not except them.

NYC area:

Union Square had 5 minus one. Long Island City had one.

dont know why pm does not work all setting seem correct you can email me use my user name at gmail!

My feeling is the us version will be the one you got. This for whatever reason seemed to have made its way over here from the UK, as the page on the Belkin UK web site indicates. But in a few weeks time will tell. Maybe call some of those stores and see oif they will mail to you.

my PS is the HD anti glare! works just fine with the Belkin!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.