Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Thank you!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332367673.715913.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332367673.715913.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 227

GottaDoWork

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2012
I bought one today after exchanging the iPad 2 version. This design is definitely changed from the iPad 2 version. The plastic goes almost right up to the smart cover when before there was a fairly sizable gap. The case seems to clip onto the aluminum and is all pretty even around when before the corners had bigger lips to grap onto the edges, and all of it is lower than the screen itself. In regards to the cracking issue of the iPad 2 version it looks like Belkin changed how they made this case as before you could see a line at each corner where it looked like they connected the corner lips, but in this version seems like it's all one complete piece of plastic I don't see any lines or anything like that. Time will tell if it has a cracking issue or not though.

rzucker

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2011
Picked up two tonight from BB. All is well. Seems like a good case for $29.00. I am glad I am done with a case search and I can now just enjoy my new iPad

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX

GaiaAero

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Belkin knew about the issue and never updated the design in regards to the cracking. So what would lead you to believe the new version is going to be any different than the old?

I guess we will know in a week or two if this one suffers from the same issue.

Tim

Actually, Belkin changed the design...

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Does the clear case become yellow after a few months?
A friend of mine has got the Belkin Grip Vue (for iPad 1) and that was yellow after 6 months...

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Has Belkin said when the Snap Shield Secure will be available? I want either that or the Incase Mag Snap Case.... probably which ever one comes out first.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Does the clear case become yellow after a few months?
A friend of mine has got the Belkin Grip Vue (for iPad 1) and that was yellow after 6 months...

I had a Grip Vue for my iPhone 4 when I first got it. It yellowed pretty quickly. The Snap Shield is made of a much harder material. It's not flexible or sticky like the Vue. It doesn't seem like the color will change, but I guess only time will tell.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
I picked one up from PC World here in the UK.

The combination with a smart cover is awesome.

I use to have the iPad 2 version which didn't crack but got discolored so Belkin replaced it after quite a bit of agro, took 4 weeks.

catalyst6

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Berlin
I picked this up at Best Buy last night (US, $29) at the recommendation of folks in this thread. In combination with the smart cover, it's perfect. Exactly what I wanted! It maintains the thinness of the device, the aesthetics, and actually makes it easier to hold.

The fit is not super tight at all, it's very easy to remove, especially due to the fact that essentially 25% of the case is open (smart cover hinge side). I think it would accomodate a skin.

ProMod

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
I picked this up at Best Buy last night (US, $29) at the recommendation of folks in this thread. In combination with the smart cover, it's perfect. Exactly what I wanted! It maintains the thinness of the device, the aesthetics, and actually makes it easier to hold.

The fit is not super tight at all, it's very easy to remove, especially due to the fact that essentially 25% of the case is open (smart cover hinge side). I think it would accomodate a skin.

I agree with everything said here.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Unless you never take it off, then yes, it will break or crack (talking about the iPad 2 version with the new iPad).

qpixo

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2010
Today I end up and buy this Benkin case at Best Buy $29 the clear one. It fits perfectly on the new iPad. I'm pretty happy with it... :D

Snesley Wipes

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Why is the camera hole so large??? The iPad 2 version it the correct size. I'm using it right now but I know I'm going to have to get another as the corners are showing stress cracks. Just seems counterproductive on belkins part but then again they're not SGP.

mlynchmob16

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2010
Dublin, OH
Picked one up from my best buy today. Not a bad case and will tide me over for now. My best buy also had a rather large selection of targus cases, however they were not near the iPad accessories, but on the other side of the computer department right by some registers. I assume it is where they check people out that are buying tablets/computers.

Ryox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
UK
Anyone have any information on the release date of the secure version of this case with the metal attachment on the back?

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
For those who have the clear.....is the back of the case very susceptible to scratches? I had a clear case once and it looked like crap about 2 days in cause of all the scratches. I have a leather smart cover and want to maintain the look of the iPad so clear seems likehte way to go.

catalyst6

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Berlin
Im still liking this case so far with the exception of one thing. On the right side,in portrait mode, there is a fair amount of give in the case....like its sliding around a bit depending on how you grip it. I'm guessing this is just due to the fact that the left side of the case is essentially open.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
How much is the Belkin Snap Shield secure supposed to cost? I see macmall.com has preorders for 26.99 and free shipping. I'd rather buy from Amazon though since I have prime.

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
has anyone had any scratches from snap shield like cases??

that's my only concern..

bought a Targus folio case today at best buy and its awesome and the magnet works and it holds the iPad perfectly but I think I just don't like folios.

Thought I would but i keep wanting to pull the iPad out and just play with it without the case.

Going to get either a iCarbons or Snapshield and smart cover and call it a day.

Any chance of this case scratching up the iPad?

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Anyone have any information on the release date of the secure version of this case with the metal attachment on the back?

I bought one here in Tokyo last night, so I imagine availability in the USA would be soon. Price was ¥2780.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.