Belkin USB wirless card

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by budaapple, Aug 22, 2004.

1. budaapple macrumors regular

Can anyone help me with this I am trying to forgo the expensive airport card and use this Belkin wireless USB-g card to access my wireless Express.
    I tried just plugging it in to see if OSX would recognize it, then I downladed some drivers from Belkins site. Nothing worked. I did notice that when the computer was shut down the LED on the device lit up like a xmas tree. Am I doing something wrong or does this just not work on a MAC.
    I'm desperate PLEASE HELP!
    Thank you!

2. sigamy macrumors 65816

It should work under OS X. After installing the drivers/software you should have a new item in System Prefs. It will be at the bottom of the Prefs. Go into that and see if it has found your wireless network. You'll probably have to select your network from the list and click 'Connect'.

Once connected you should see an icon in the top right of the menu bar that shows your connection speed and other info.

I had one of these connected to a G3 iMac and it worked but not very well. It would only connect at 1Mbps usually.

3. budaapple thread starter macrumors regular

nope nothing in spref

Nothing shows up I think I am just going to take it back, I spent all morning working on this and it should be more simple. Thanks