Belkin wireless G pci card

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Ecodisk, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Ecodisk macrumors member

Ecodisk

Today I bought one of these cards and after fighting with it for a ew hours to get it in my mac....it wont work :mad:

On the belkin website it says that it will work with Mac OS 10.3, but they don't have any drivers for it. What am I suppose to do to get it to work?

I have a Powermac g3 Blue and White and I am running 10.3.9

2. mopppish macrumors 6502

I tried the exact same card with the exact same computer a few months ago. Long story short, it didn't work, but that may have also been due to the cheap Belkin wireless router I tried to use it with. Eventually, I somehow found an actual app for the Belkin card that brought up a very arcane and confusing screen that as far as I could tell showed the card as receiving a signal, however I still couldn't get anything to work. It looks like it's not directly compatible with the Airport networking standards, at least not on the B&W.
    I ended up rearranging the network setup in the house so that the wired D-Link router I had was close enough to the G3 to be plugged in, and then I plugged my new Airport Express ($95 shipped and NIB on ebay) into one of the D-Link's ports and am running my imac G5 and mine and my roommate's ibook G4's off of that. We still have too much sh*t plugged in and running in this house, but at least there aren't cables running around on the floor anymore. :)
    Don't know for sure what your options are. If it's the only computer you have, I would recommend trying to keep it wired, however if you have other computers that would benefit from wireless and can't set things up the way I have, maybe one of those wireless USB adapters would work. I don't know how those would function on USB 1 ports (which the B&W has), but you could also look into getting a PCI USB 2.0 card. That option may cost you a few bucks more, but it would probably be more reliable.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The Belkin card that works is the 125 HSM model. I've got one in this PowerMac G4 and it works quite well.

4. Ecodisk thread starter macrumors member

Ecodisk

Ok I downloaded software updates and the airport software. Now my mac knows that the card is there and is calling it an airport card. Now my problem is that I can not connect to my belkin wireless router. Can someone give me a walk through on how to connect to my network?