Ben and Jerry's

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DrStrangelove, Mar 30, 2006.

1. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Chunky Monkey at 8:08 in the morning. I feel like a criminal. But it's SOOOOOO good.

What's your favorite flavor (or ice cream brand)?

2. Queso macrumors G4

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    New York Chocolate Brownie

Or the Cinnamon & Oatmeal one that they did a year or so back... (EDIT: Having checked the Flavour Graveyard, it was Oatmeal Cookie Chunk)

I like B&Js. We went to their factory while in Vermont a few years back and it was great fun. Tastings and a scoop for the icecream. The thing I regret not buying was the cow-patch holder to put your tub in so that your hands didn't get cold when eating from the tub :(

They also used to have a feature on their (UK only?) website which was an agony aunt.
    One of the girls from the office wrote to it to complain that no-one liked her and 3 days later, 200 mini-pots of B&J turned up in the office addressed to her with a note that they hoped she was able to bribe her colleagues :p

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Ben and Jerry's- pHish food all the way! NOt for breakfast either, but don't mind a bit at 3 in the morning after playing too much Battlefield 2!

Bryers Vanilla Bean is my favorite overall!

5. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

6. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

7. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

8. bartelby macrumors Core

Dublin Mudslide is my favourite at any time of the day!

9. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Phish Food all the way...Saw a posh bloke in a the store the other day trying to tell someone down the phone what it was (probably misses) and kept saying "P-Hish Food"! Was great! :D

Actually only have the Low Fat Chocolate Brownie stuff at the mo as trying to lose weight but its still dam good!

10. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Ben&Jerry's fav. ice cream for me is: Chunky Monkey and New York Super Fudge Chunk ..

But i got a craving for Haagen-Dazs Creme brulee ice cream Linky :eek: :eek:

11. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Too much sugar and fat for my liking. How are B&J's valves? They have to be getting clogged.

12. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I get that type of ice cream like 6 times a year :eek: :eek:

1 pint per 2 months

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i love the mint oreo but i don't think they have that anymore? at least not in some stores... the chocolate chip cookie dough is great too

i don't really know many of the funky named ones.

14. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

Apparently, each employee is allowed to take home 2 tubs per day.

A gym membership is also included in their benefits package...

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Why do i always look inside the threads that talk about chocolate and stuff of that nature....must resist!!

Bless

16. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Your a Chocolaholic in the closet .. thats why you visit those types of threads on here :D :eek: :D

17. mpw Guest

18. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Lots of phish food fans...i'm not one of them

On the other hand, I can go through a pint or more of Chubby Hubby, Chocolate Central (I think that was the name) or that Chocolate Therapy very quickly.....mmmm....

But, with my wife and I on a less processed kick (no hydrogenated, no high fructose), I find the Turkey Hill naturals to be great. Ok, so it's more my wife being the somewhat unwilling health enforcer and me trying to hide...:)

19. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Fossil Fuel is the greatest ice cream ever created (followed closely by Dublin Mudslide).

20. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

They discontinued 'my' flavor. :(
    The World's Best Vanilla.

The rest of the flavors aren't my thing. I prefer Häagen-Dazs.

21. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

In the UK, they did too - but replaced it with 'Vanilla for a Change' which is made with ethically sourced vanilla pods... which is equally nice...

22. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Saw on a program about obesity a while ago that one of the original owners of Ben & Jerry's (dunno which) died of a heart attack aged 40 something. They had one of there sons on who got really really ill when he was young as they had a huge freezer at home with all the types of ice cream in and he used to eat it all the time. He developed a nutrient deficancy and doesn't eat the stuff anymore as docs told him he would develop diabities if he kept eating the amount he was.

Wish I could remember the name of the programme now.

Still, give me Britney Spears covered in Phish Food and I'd be a happy man! :D :D :D

23. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Aww. That is cool. Time for me to look around and see if we have that over here. Thanks for the tip. :D AndyR, I think I saw part of that, did you see it on the Food Network?

24. emw macrumors G4

emw

Not a huge ice cream fan, but I've always like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream just because it's different.

On the bland side, I also enjoy a chocolate-dipped cone at Dairy Queen every now and then, which I know barely qualifies as ice cream, but what can I say. Tubs of ice cream go to waste in my house. Which, I suppose, is better than going to waist.

25. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................Cherry Garcia..........................................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:D