Ben Domenech Resigns

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 24, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

dunno how many of you have been following this week's hullabaloo over the washington post's new controversial right-wing blogger, Ben Domenech, but he resigned today.

an example of the hullabaloo can be seen here.

2. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

earlier this week, mr domenech took bush to task for attending the funeral of coretta scott king, who mr domenech labeled a communist.

check out his weak apology:

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Don't worry...he'll end up at the Washington Times or on Fox News.

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Oh my God.

I'm so shocked another right wing blowhard has turned out to have no integrity.

I'm running out of sarcasm.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I heard about this from C&L. Funny that they had to use plagiarism as an excuse to get rid of the kid. They couldn't have just fired him for sucking. Nepotism at it's best folks. I hear this is how Tucker Carlson became what he is too, for those wondering. Because, I imagine, a lot of us may be wondering.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

The sad thing is, that the Post has felt the need to 'balance' their current, supposedly liberal slant, with a partisan hack like Domenech. Why was there no effort made to put someone as partisan as Dominech, but from the left, on the Post's blog staff as well? Are they suggesting that Froomkin is somehow the lefty equivalent of Domenech?

Oh but the media is such a bastions of leftism... So much so, that they are willing to give voice to a guy who calls Mrs. King a communist.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yeah, pretty much. Of course, they also already have a couple of conservative commentators, but they don't count. Didn't you know, moderate Dem is the direct opposite of far right extremist these days. Especially if he's unqualified and got his job because of his Daddy. You can say that about a lot of them out there.

I would wonder what that makes someone like Michael Moore, but in the world of the neocons, all liberals are alike.