Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thegeek187

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2003
ny
WE ARE FIRST 2 IN LINE FOR IPOD NIGHT AT PALLISADES... THIS IS PRETTY COOL

LOOKS NICE TONITE HERE AT THE APPLE STORE

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Re: Bennetsaysargh And Brother At Pallisades

Originally posted by thegeek187
WE ARE FIRST 2 IN LINE FOR IPOD NIGHT AT PALLISADES... THIS IS PRETTY COOL

LOOKS NICE TONITE HERE AT THE APPLE STORE

interesting...

please don't use all caps
please don't make pointless threads

sorry but caps just bother me...like most others.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Re: Re: Bennetsaysargh And Brother At Pallisades

Originally posted by mnkeybsness
interesting...

please don't use all caps
please don't make pointless threads

sorry but caps just bother me...like most others.

the caps thing aside, let the kid have some fun. Out of all the threads here, this is the one you consider pointless?

hey guys, get me a poster ;)

really wish i was within 300 miles of one of these...

pnw

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
Sweet. I just got my iPod at the SoHo. Store. Freakin' crazy there! Line went all they way around the block. And when I got out an hour later the line was still around the block despite the driving rain.

I love my iPod!!!

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Originally posted by lmalave
Sweet. I just got my iPod at the SoHo. Store. Freakin' crazy there! Line went all they way around the block. And when I got out an hour later the line was still around the block despite the driving rain.

I love my iPod!!!

glad i decided to give it a miss, was it good though? the band and everything?

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by lmalave
And when I got out an hour later the line was still around the block despite the driving rain.

I love my iPod!!!

You've got to be kidding me. It's raining here at The Grove Los Angeles Apple Store as well. Someone also said it was raining at the Apple Store somehwere else.

I wonder if Microsoft had a hand in this...

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
Originally posted by evoluzione
glad i decided to give it a miss, was it good though? the band and everything?

You didn't miss much. I never even saw the band go on - they had iPod DJs going for the hour that I was there. Neither I nor anyone else paid much attention. There were just long lines everywhere and people just wanted their iPods. They set up 3 additional cash registers at the Genius Bar upstairs in addition to the regular 3 cash registers downstairs, and still the lines were long everywhere. It wasn't an enjoyable experience, so after waiting in lines for an hour and getting my iPod, I figured my time was better spent going home and immediately charging my iPod :)

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i forgot to say that the employees had more fun than anyone else:D they were dancing and stuff, even the guy standing in front of the iPod cart wasa dancing around and i think it scared away customers. i wuold have been scared if i wasn't there getting my iPod:p

there wasn't a big crowd at the palisades though. kind of a disapointment:(

thegeek187

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2003
ny
biggest songs of the night were sultans of swing by dire straights and billie jeans when they were jumping around it was great..wish i worked ther e( sigh only 2 more years)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.