Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rokusaburo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Hey All,

I've been looking into 23-24" monitors to buy with my new Mac Pro and I came across this BenQ beauty (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2006/11/07/Benq_FP241W/1.html).

According to reviews, the FP241W seems to perform a lot better than both the ACD 23" and Dell 2407FPW and has a huge range of inputs. The only disadvantage, it would seem, is the lack of 1:1 pixel mapping, meaning that 16:9 and 4:3 sources would be stretched out to the 16:10 dimensions of the display.

My question is whether or not this would apply in OSX/Windows when connected via DVI.

If, for example, I were to play a DVD or watch a video file (16:9 or 4:3) in OSX using DVD Player or QuickTime, would the video be stretched out to 16:10 or not.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I just received the monitor and am letting it warm up for an hour before I calibrate with my Spyder2. Boy is this thing big! I have never used a 24" monitor before and the screen real estate is superb. I'll report on the details after it's calibrated.

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
Enjoy!!

Look forward to hearing what you think.

Maybe some pictures, if possible?

I just received the monitor and am letting it warm up for an hour before I calibrate with my Spyder2. Boy is this thing big! I have never used a 24" monitor before and the screen real estate is superb. I'll report on the details after it's calibrated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.