Bergen County, NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by vmagg88, Jun 7, 2010.

1. macrumors member

vmagg88

It's either going to be the Garden State Plaza in Paramus or Tice's Corner in Montvale for me. I prefer to do the launches at Tice's Corner so I do not have to deal with other people in the mall.

Will be there as early as I have to be; I remember camping out and cooking for the 3G release, it was a blast!

Anyone else?

2. thread starter macrumors member

vmagg88

Weather Pending

Well, Ladies and Gents, I just spoke to my cousin, and 3 of our friends, we will definitely be camping out. We will most likely bring our grill, and get supplies from the A&P grocery store that is located across the street. Hopefully there is great weather and a great time will be had by all.

Just in case though, I will be bringing our patio umbrella. Some say this is overboard, I say it is a good time.

3. macrumors member

4. macrumors 68040

bigjnyc

:D

5. macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I wish I lived by Bergen county lol ...I used to though !!:D

6. macrumors 6502a

bob5820

I used to live there myself, back when Tice's was still a farm

7. thread starter macrumors member

vmagg88

No, unfortunately it is not. They do open the doors up really early though so that people can walk around. I went to the mall for the original iPhone launch and it was not that good of an experience. I was the first one there, and after time, security had us move the line about 3 times and I wound up being 15th. I was not a happy camper. Since then, I just went to Tice's Corner so I didn't have to deal with security. Plus, I feel people at Tice's corner are much more mature and respectable then the mall crowd.

8. thread starter macrumors member

vmagg88

I have heard great things about that farm (stories from people). But I am only 21 and do not remember much at all haha. Although I believe I do remember going there for a haunted hay ride for Halloween. Does that sound right? Did they do that there?

9. macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Mmmm, they had the best fresh donuts and apple cider.

10. macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking about pre-ordering it and showing up at noon to pick it up. Hopefully line won't be bad.

11. macrumors 6502

12. thread starter macrumors member

vmagg88

Now that "some" people have gotten their reservations, who is picking up at Tice's Corner or the Garden State Plaza?

13. macrumors 6502a

GSP

14. macrumors newbie

I'll probably be camping out at GSP, unless I hear others say that Tice's is better, I've never been there myself. Was hoping to get a reservation so I wouldn't have to do this, but after a day of trying, no luck. I actually had one and AT&T cancelled it. anyway, I can't even rehash it because it's too frustrating. Just wondering what people do when they have to use the restroom?? think I'll be going alone. are others nice and will hold your spot? this is all very new to me so would love any tips!! also for those going to GSP, any idea which entrance to use? do you just wait outside the entrance until the mall opens? GSP security told me that the mall will open at 6.

15. thread starter macrumors member

vmagg88

Well, I have some advise for you. I went to GSP for the first iPhone launch. I HATED it! But then again, thats just me. I found a much better experience at the Tice's Corner Apple Store. ALL the people waiting in line were awesome and we all had a blast. We would hold each others spots in line for bathroom or food breaks. There is a Panera right across along with an A&P food store. We all pitched in and bought food and drinks. If you want to be inside, then go to GSP, but I am personally not a fan of the "mall crowd." I also lost my spot several times at GSP because security had us move the line so many times and it was frustrating. Good luck and let me know where you wind up going!!! I will most likely be at Tice's Corner at 10pm on the 23rd.

16. macrumors newbie

Thanks SO much! I'll definitely be going to Tice's, sounds so fun! I was thinking of getting there around 10:30pm on Wednesday, do you think that's too late? I'm hoping to be within the first 10-15 people, as I'm getting the feeling that they aren't going to stock many phones for those without reservations. The last thing I want is to wait all night and then not get one! Thanks again for your advice!

17. thread starter macrumors member

vmagg88

I will be getting there around the same time you had said. I do not see any need to be there earlier. I got private messages from 2 other members that plan on attending around 10pm also

18. macrumors newbie

Awesome, see you there! My name's Janine, BTW.

19. macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered, but Bad experience with Fed-Ex last year has made me opt to pick up my phone from Tice's Corner, but i wasnt planning on going until very early that morning since i did pre-order it..Do you guys think it'll be a very long line then ?

20. macrumors newbie

I was planning on camping out @ Tice's Corner at around 11pm but the weather man is calling for thunder storms wed night and early thurs so I may switch to the palisades mall apple store instead I guess it will be a last minute thing and all comes down to the forecast that day!!!

21. macrumors newbie

Gsp

I'm planning on camping out at GSP but it seems like Tice's corner was a better choice. Is there a way i couuld change my pre-order reservation location? Also, my stubborn girlfriend didn't pre order the iphone 4 on the 14th like i told her. Can i still get one without a reservation if we camp out? :) see you all there !

22. thread starter macrumors member

vmagg88

Yes

Hopefully the rain holds off

I don't think you can change reservations. Yes there will be stock for people with out reservations

23. macrumors member

im hoping it won't rain, but the only thing that will change is me having an umbrella and wearing a poncho. problem solved. the less people in line the better.

24. macrumors regular

Considering it

Thinking about doing the Tice's corner campout this year instead of GSP (which was a nuthouse last year) but I'm curious to know what time people are likely to start lining up? I have no reservation and would essentially need to be in the front of the line because I have work at 8:30 the next morning. Should I just go straight from work Wednesday and plan to do the 12 hours there?

25. macrumors newbie

I was planning on getting there around 11-12 on the 23rd that is if the rain holds off