Best 2.1 Speakers around $100

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brsboarder, Oct 23, 2005.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2004
    I'm looking for a new set of speakers for around $100. I've heard good things about both the sounsticks as well as the klipsch pro media and logitech z2300. Can anyone help me choose between them, or is there something else thats better?
  2. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    I've got the Soundsticks, they replaced a set of Creature II. It's an amazing set of speakers. However, I would also highly recommend the Klipsch. I've heard great things about them.
  3. airmouton macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2005
    I've got a set of Creature II's, and I would recommend them for certain things, but that really highlights the problem with determining the "best" speakers in a given price range.

The creatures are excellent for detailed sound in a compact space. They're not great loudspeakers or bass-thumpers - the sub is not overpowering - and they might be inadequate if you're watching a movie from across the room. (I'll know for sure when my new imac arrives). They are however really cheap - 64$ or so on Amazon.

If space isn't issue and volume is, then perhaps something else would be best for you. Couldn't comment on the soundsticks - all I've heard are display models - but I know the logitechs are pretty beefy, as are the klipsch.

My advice would be to do some googling and read reviews from places like cnet. That way you can learn the ups-and-downs of each set and decide what's best for you.