Best 20"-22" Dispplay for MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Punkwaffle, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Punkwaffle macrumors regular

Apr 12, 2004
    I'm looking for the best 20-22" widescreen display that works with the Macbook. Something with great resolution and that looks nice too.
    Any suggestions?
  2. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    That's a 19" not a 20-22
  3. pip11 macrumors member

Apr 29, 2005
    I have a Dell 2005FPW (the older one), and it's a great screen (although I don't use it with my MB much). Just make sure you use DVI to connect. I've tried the VGA before, and it looks bad--definitely not pixel-perfect, and looks like a subtle blurring of the whole screen. It reminded me of the biggest downside of integrated graphics on PCs: the VGA quality was consistently terrible. With DVI though, there's no chance of a poor quality image.
  4. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

Sep 18, 2006
    I have a dell myself, which I'm trying to sell. I find using an external display with my MBP is not optimal: I always have to change the position of everything when I plug it in and stuff, kind of annoying because obviously the resolution of the external is much higher.

I have a 20 inch dell 2007fp to sell if anybody wants one :D (I could do the transaction over ebay to make you feel safe, I have over 180 positive feedback)