Best all-in-one printer for Mac / PC (with Mac bias)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sesshi, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I already have a printer but it doesn't really work well with the Mac. I can't get double sided printing on it, no paper selection ability, etc. And the scanner is an ancient POC which does need replacing. I think it's time both were re-assigned to the dump.

Don't need fax. Could you recommend a networked/able all-in-one which does scanning, double-sided A4 copying and colour printing (preferably A4 borderless, ability to print on premium matt and glossy / photo paper) with solid Mac drivers?

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

All I can say is stay away from HP. My PSC 1610 still doesn't have drivers that are updated for OSX.

3. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

Hmm... The only double sided all-in-ones I've been able to dig up are HP's. Anyone?

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

5. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

Not true, HP has had 4 updates for OSX in the last year alone.
    They even have an intel update as of last month.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&dlc=en&product=390315&os=219

The PCS 1610 has been very reliable for me and meets all your requirements, but I'm sure there are newer, more advanced All-In-Ones out there.

The best thing, it has a card reader for every format available and a USB input right on the front. Very useful for me, anyway.

6. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

Double sided is a MUST for me. Doesn't look like it does DS.

OK... I've got the HP Photosmart 3310 with the duplex attachment or the Canon Pixma MP800R under consideration. Any Mac 'gotchas' with these?