1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Best Android phone in mid-September?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by jason2811, Jul 30, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

I have an iPhone 4S and was considering buying the next iPhone that comes out but it seems a little disappointing based on the rumors. I had an Droid Incredible before the 4S so I'm familiar with Android phones. I also plan on sticking with Verizon. So with that being said,

what is the best Android phone that will be out on the market in mid-September? I'm looking for something with great battery life.

Thanks!

2. macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Watch out for the note 2. Could release next month.

3. macrumors 601

Probably the Galaxy S3or the Galaxy Nexus. Both are on Verizon and both will be getting 4.1 Jelly Bean. I've read the Galaxy Nexus doesn't have the best battery though.

I also might suggest waiting for the next iPhone because it may turn out that you like it.

----------

Not necessarily on Verizon though.

4. macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

The SP's you suggested are out. OP wants an upcoming phone. Good point on the note, must have skipped over that.

5. macrumors 601

Nothing has really been rumored to be coming out in September besides the iPhone. The Note 2 will likely be for AT&T. Even if something new does come out in September, the iPhone, S3, and Gnex will likely be the best phones available on Verizon.

6. macrumors 6502

The Galaxy S3, hands down. I would say the Note 2 but I have no clue whether it will be on Verizon. (I'm hoping! I want it!)
    There are no new upcoming phones that I know of that will be better than the GS3, other than the new Nexus (October.)

7. Vegastouch, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

macrumors 601

Vegastouch

I didnt want to start another thread but i want to know if anyone has used/owned a Nokia Lumia 710 or a HTC Radar?
    I know both are on T-Mobile so responses may be slim but i want to maybe get a Windows phone to mess with from eBay and eventually give it to the Wife and i think both are nice but the Lumia has a small 1300 mAH battery and think it wont be good. The HTC is 1520.

Anybody got some experience with either?

----------

Actually T-Mobile has a HTC One X+ rumored to be coming out in Sept. Its a reved up version of the HTC X on AT&T and has a Tegra 3, 1.7 Ghz quad core.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x_with_a_17ghz_tegra_3_might_be_headed_to_tmobile_usa-news-4564.php

8. macrumors 65816

Dolorian

I am very much on the same boat, waiting for Apple to unveil the new iPhone before picking up a Galaxy S3. It is really the best phone in the market right now imo.

9. macrumors 604

cynics

The new Nexus should pop up on its slightly less then one year cycle around that time. No idea what it's going to offer besides a new version of Android.

10. macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I would say the galaxy note 2, the new nexus, and the meizu MX quad core!

11. macrumors 601

12. macrumors 6502a

I can't remember where I read it, but motorola is supposed to be coming out with a new phone with an hd display sometime this fall.

13. macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Is it still coming out? A search tells me it was supposed to be out in June, 30. Nevermind, just available in HK and China.