Best/Any Mac space-themed MMORPGs?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Echinda, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Echinda macrumors regular

I play WoW a lot but am starting to get burnt out. Are there any other MMORPGs out there I can get my RPG fix from? Preferrably a space themed one. And do Mac and PC play on the same servers in your recommended game?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!:)

2. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I'm interested too, but I suspect the answer to be "zip." :)

I have several friends who play EVE Online and I'd love to try it out...if they only made a Mac client. :(

3. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

4. Echinda thread starter macrumors regular

5. Echinda thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I've tried Vendetta Online for a couple of days now and, well, it just doesn't grab me. The space combat is pretty good, but the RPG element is almost non-existent. You never do anything as a person, but rather all the action and interaction occurs while you're at the controls of your ship. So I'm having a real tough time developing any connection with my character. It is so bad that yesterday these hails for someone named "Rengoku" kept appearing on my screen. They were annoying until I remembered that, oh yeah, that's MY name. In other words, I didn't find it immersive.

Back to the drawing board. Maybe I'll ditch the MMO and try KOTOR for a space RPG fix.

6. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

7. cubist macrumors 68020

8. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Damn, beat me to it! I was going to suggest that one as well... ;)

However, what I would like to see far more than WoS would be SC2 itself. I have been waiting far too long for that one to be released - I'm hoping we'll see something in 2007... :cool: