Best app for creating CD labels, inserts, etc?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Diomedes, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Diomedes macrumors 6502

Oct 5, 2004
    San Francisco
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a good application to design CD labels, inserts, etc? Or a source for good templates for Word or Illustrator?I have Discus 2.75 (that came with Toast 6), but I was wondering what other suggestions people had.
  2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Mar 5, 2005
    Do you have a printer that prints onto CD's or anything? When I got mine it came with software that works pretty well. Other than that (templates and so on) i haven't really tried.
  3. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    Print Shop does this. If you buy stick-on labels, then you may try the software bundled with the applicator. And never forget...

VersionTracker is your friend.
  4. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    Get printable media ad a printer...

I would recommend getting a printer like the Epson R200 that can print directly onto CDs and DVDs and then buying printable media.

Adding labels to discs if not down exactly perfectly will make them of balance causing some issues. And if the label peels (even partway) the optical drive can get damaged, especially a slot loading drive.
  5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    You can print jewel cases directly from iTunes...

And if you need any additional options, there's a iTunes "Make CD Cover"-script from OmniGroup, working with OmniGraffle...
  6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

May 28, 2004
    In a false sense of reality...My Mind!
    Hello, I would second what Bear said. I have an Epson R300 and print on my cds/dvds after having a bad experience with a label. I had to take my dvd player apart to get the dvd out :mad: If you go this way try to get hub printable discs since it seems to work better for the line up. Good luck.
  7. cemorris macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2004
    And I would third that. I ruined a car cd player with a label that peeled off due to the heat. I just got the epson r200 a week ago and printed my first disc last night. Works very well.