Best App for Organizing iTunes Library???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Punkwaffle, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Punkwaffle macrumors regular

Punkwaffle

First off, I just received my new 20" iMac with the works (250 GB HD, 160 GB external Lacie Porche designed HD, Superdrive, bluetooth, Airport, wireless keyboard/mouse)!!!!

So anyway, I've finally put all my music on this awesome machine. I've been horrible with labeling music before, but I want to get my house in order now. So what I'm looking for is an app(s) that will do the following:

-check for redundant tracks
    -make it easy to rename multiple tracks
    -automatically select the right genre
    -i have lots of live jam band mp3 that could use some proper archiving.

I tried MPRage but wasn't thrilled with it.

Any other ideas?
    Thanks.

2. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Just use iTunes. Shift+click and apple+click to select stuff you want to change, then apple+i to get to the "change stuff" screen. Start off by fixing all your artists, then albums, then songs. Then go through and refine it. I dont' know of any apps that'll autmatically do anything, but just spending a bit of time with it will clean everything up.

3. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

iTunes is the best app for organizing iTunes. Couldn't be easier. If you have specofic questions on how to, post em. :)

Edit- I don't know of anything that can automatically detect the right genre- seems like that would be hard to do. It does when you rip a CD because it accessed the online database. The easiest thing may be to just select large chunks of tracks and label the genre all at once.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

iTunes can also tell you what tracks are redundant, although you have to chose which ones you want to get rid of

do a google search for iTunes AppleScripts and you will find a whole lot of Scripts that should be useful for all that you want to do