Best app for streaming photos or loading a single folder's worth?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Justin Luck, Mar 20, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I am interested in viewing my photos on the iPad, but keeping them located on a hard drive that is attached to my PC. Is there a good app that exists that can quickly stream photos? I am thinking that the average photo is a bit large (5MB), so it might be better to temporarily transfer a folder's worth of pics from my PC before viewing them. Can any apps do this wirelessly?

2. macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

3. thread starter macrumors regular

I already bought file explorer. How does file browser compare?

4. macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

The interface isn't as pretty as File Explorer but it seems more stable in discovering/maintaining connections. I end up using it much more than File Explorer. Works great for <10 MP photos and audio; haven't tried it with HD video though.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

I notice with File Explorer, I can only checkmark one file at a time to download to the iPad. I can't select a whole folder worth of files with one click. This can be tedious when I want to transfer 50+ pics. Can File Browser do this?

6. macrumors 65816

Velin

Have you thought about or tried Dropbox? I don't know about selecting multiple files on the iPad, but it will solve the problem about storing and selecting on a local PC hard drive.