Best App to Download YouTube Videos From on iPad, to Import to iMovie?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HappyDude20, Apr 7, 2012.

1. macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I have a nice little 1080p video filmed from my iPad and just finished editing it using iMovie, of which I just purchased. I feel this home movie can use a little touch and want to add a small ten second clip from a certain YouTube video online.

What would be the best method in downloading this certain YouTube video onto my iPad to then import to iMovie to add my movie project?

The ipad isn't JB if intakes any difference.

2. macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Just found an app called MyMedia which let me download a YouTube video, saved it to camera roll and iMovie found it. Love it!

4. macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

great looks like you're sorted! sorry I wasn't more useful.:(

5. macrumors regular

This was helpful :)
    Thanks

6. macrumors member

Ok, I'll bite; how did you download Youtube videos w/ that program (Mymedia)?

I tried it, and on that built in browser, it says, "This Video is currently not available"

7. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Downloaded this app, went to YouTube, picked a video, tapped and held on the video, tapped download, gave it a name... And nothing happens :confused:

8. macrumors member

As i said above, for me on Youtube, it says the video doesn't exist. Tapping or holding on the video did nothing. Using the share url did nothing. Possible junk app?......at least for youtube.

I know on my pc, I use a program to download video in the format I want....pc only program.

Also, lots of ads.

9. Markdek, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

macrumors member

I found this info; watch the 1st/left youtube video instructions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XqL-C1L9Q7k#!

EDIT: Final word, this app doesn't do anything more than many other ios ipad apps. You cannot drop this file into the generic photo/video stream on the ipad/iphone. The file(s) stay within the "MyMedia" app structure.

EDIT #2: Just use the EXCELLENT web browser iCab to download file links; once the file is downloads to iCab, you can do many things w/ it, including opening it in many apps that you already have installed.

10. cfs
    macrumors 6502a

This is good to know. Way back when, downloads HD allowed downloads of you tube video until they were caught they then eliminated this in an update. One day I mistakingly updated. Good to know there a still ways to do this.

11. macrumors 65816

master-ceo

12. macrumors 6502a

I use iCab for plain youtube videos. Another app called Download (icon is green with an arrow pointing down with some other scribbling around the arrow). The Download app can grab videos off a lot of places other than Youtube. It uses a bookmarklet to do the downloading.

13. macrumors newbie

I know an easy way to download video from YouTube. The free online app. is so helpful that you only need to copy the video URL and paste it to the website. It then will download the video for you.

14. macrumors demi-god

paranoia

kinda pricey for me, for the amount I would use it.

15. macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Actually I made a folder on my MacBook for videos I took with my iPhone. I synced that folder to my iPad and used those videos to make an iMovie trailer on my iPad.