Best App to Sync Contacts with Facebook.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by DHarrisDBS34, Jun 19, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

What do you think is the best app to sync Contacts with Facebook? There are a bunch of them and I don't know which one to pick. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. macrumors 68020

dccorona

FeX has worked well for me

3. macrumors 68040

boss.king

Is FeX still currently the best? Is there one that allows the syncing of email addresses etc? Preferably free but if its good i'd pay for it.

All suggestions are welcome

4. macrumors 68000

Pika

5. macrumors 6502a

no, fex does not sync emails..none of the apps do..i believe its against policy..sucks

6. macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I use My Hub. It syncs with Facebook and Twitter, and allows you to add contacts from them into your iPhone Address Book. It's a very nice app.

7. macrumors 6502

tico24

I use an app called FriendSync.
    No idea if its the best, but it does the job for me.

8. macrumors 6502

Is there an app that will allow me to sync my facebook pictures to my iPhone. But if i want to, also delete all of them from my iPhone?

I'm currently using fex, and i dont think this can be done!

:apple: KrayzieKray :apple:

9. macrumors 6502

Since fex doesn't work on iOS4, does anyone know of an app that lets me sync the pictures to my contacts, but they appear as small icons rather than take up the whole screen?
    I know fex did this, but it doesn't work anymore. Currently using FriendSync, but I don't hav any option of how the picture should display.

Cheers!

10. macrumors newbie

use facebook for iphone. it works.

11. macrumors 6502

Last time i used that I had to have the persons registered facebook email address for it to match the person. On top of that there was no way to manually match anyone.

12. macrumors regular

FriendSync worked fine for me for importing profile pics.

The only way to import email addresses I found was to use sync option within Yahoo mail. I believe it is the only service that has an agreement with facebook that allows them to pull email addresses. I then imported them to Google Contacts and merged all duplicates. So FriendSync/Yahoo/Google all together give me everything you can get from facebook.

I also imported all my friends' birthdays into the google calendar and google contacts. Never miss my friends' birthdays again :rolleyes: