Best Apple Print Ad Finals

Discussion in '3,000,000 Post Contest' started by Doctor Q, Nov 5, 2006.

?

Which is the Best Apple Print Ad?

1. [url=http://images.macrumors.com/im/contest200611/monke.html]Tetris[/url] (by monke)

52 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. [url=http://images.macrumors.com/im/contest200611/skoker.html]No More Excuses[/url] (by skoker)

60 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. [url=http://images.macrumors.com/im/contest200611/clintob.html]MacBook Gold[/url] (by clintob)

74 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. [url=http://images.macrumors.com/im/contest200611/atd.html]Coming zoon[/url] (by ATD)

134 vote(s)
    39.2%
  5. [url=http://images.macrumors.com/im/contest200611/ozontheroad.html]Davinci[/url] (by ozontheroad)

22 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

This is the final round of the 3,000,000 Post Apple Advertisement Contest "Best Apple Print Ad" competition.

Vote for your favorite!

This poll will be open through the end of Wednesday November 8, closing at midnight EST.

The winner will receive two prizes...
    1. bragging rights

2. a special symbol that will appear below their user title next to all of their posts
    ...plus the admiration of thousands and a featured spot in our contest gallery, to be posted after the contest ends.

2. macrumors 6502a

Had to vote for "Tetris". The Zoon one is kind of second place, but I'm always wary of the "jab the competitor" things.

The Gold Macbook thing... just didn't do it for me. And the others were the awful "better than thou" stuff that I find a real turn-off.

3. macrumors 68000

skoker

Wow! I never imagined that I would make it this far! Thank You! very much to everybody who go me this far! :D

4. macrumors 6502

ozontheroad

Neither did I ! :eek:

Congratulations guys. (finalists and everybody who submitted)

and thanks to all the people who took the time to vote

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... a little humor never hurt anyone... even if its "better than thou" or worse than thee"

I have a doctor friend that can remove the pole, quick procedure and very cheap !

be happy.... smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Gold. Totally.

The Coming Zune is nice and looks good but it isn't as original and the Gold Macbook.

6. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Nice work to all of you! :) It was tough picking one!

7. macrumors 65816

Squonk

I liked the high quality of the Coming zune ad! It's bringing home the bacon to be fried up on the MBP-G!

8. macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I want that touchscreen iPod! :eek:

very nice job!

9. macrumors 603

Warbrain

Honestly, no offense to anyone who made these, but they're not worthy of getting my vote. None of them. I know I couldn't make any better myself, but there definitely are people who can make better than these and I've seen better than these, so I'm not giving any of them a vote.

10. macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Me too, coming zoon has that polish feeling to it :cool:. Besides, who wouldn't want a new iPod:D

11. macrumors 68020

combatcolin

The "No More Excuses" ad is massivly arrogant, almost ordering the viewer to buy one.

Very poor.

12. macrumors 68020

wmmk

I had to vote for the MacBook gold as it was the most original and professional. It also seemed the most like something apple would actually use/do.

13. macrumors 68000

Curious as to why you think that...

I think it's pretty funny :) A bit of fun at the expense of those who wanted ever so badly to run solitaire for windows on their mac :)

I voted for the Coming Zoon ad, though it was a tie between that and the Macbook Gold. I had to do eenie-meenie-miney-mo to pick :)

14. macrumors 68040

decksnap

Seems a bit negative to write out a post about how none of them are good enough for you to vote for. It's just a contest. You vote for the best among them, not the best in the world.

15. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I voted for Tetris because I could actually see Apple using such an ad.

Although thumbs up for MacBook Gold & Coming zoon for their creativity and originality.

Overall, all of the entries are very good. Great Job Everyone! :)

16. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

I love coming zoon and no more excuses, I vote no more excuses because someone I know loves solitare on his PC :)

17. macrumors 68000

skoker

[I'm going to pretend that the 'No More Excuses' ad wasn't my entry in making this comment:]

Aren't the majority of Apple's ads arrogant? Isn't that the whole point of an ad to begin with, to try to convince the customer to buy your product because you want them to think that yours is better than all the rest of the competition?

18. macrumors 603

mrkramer

I had a hard time deciding between the "tetris" and "No more Excuses", but I decided to vote for "Tetris".

19. ATD
    macrumors 6502a

I think the ad is a good one and very much in the vein of a Chiat/Day Apple ad. ;)

20. macrumors 68000

hulugu

Ah, yes the motto for democracy.

No, when Chevy makes claims over Ford it's advertising. When Apple makes claims over Microsoft it's arrogance.

It's cultural baggage, pay no attention to it.

21. macrumors 603

Warbrain

Yea, it's a contest, but none of them should even be in the final vote.

22. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I voted for Tetris. If that one hadn't been there I don't think I would have voted. The other ones were well made but none of them "did it" for me. It took me a while to even figure out what "No More Excuses" was about, call me slow. The "MacBook Gold" one didn't seem like an Apple Ad at all... maybe an ad by a competitor due to the heat reference. "Coming zoon" maybe would've gotten my vote if it had said "Coming Soon"... yeah I know it was supposed to be a pun or whatever but it just didn't feel right to me. "Da Vinci" felt like a forum graphic comeback... was alright but not an ad.

The tetris one felt so good that I could've seen it accompanied by a video ad.

Good work to all and good luck with the voting. That's just my unprofessional critique of things I know little about! :)

23. macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Not really giving a reason, just "loudly shouting" that Macs are better without any real substance, well, not going beyond "Im a Mac and i look quite cool".

And again, its ordering the viewer to do something with his own money, sort of a creepy Big Brother vibe going on.

24. macrumors 68000

skoker

To quote Doctor Q:

Emphasis mine.

25. macrumors 6502

Oh. I thought it was supposed to be for a future product. This was a waste of time...
    [​IMG]
    /bitter ;)