Best Apple Store (support wise) in Dallas

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sesshi, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Please advise. I need a particularly technologically illiterate colleague (the type who asks "Where's Restart?" after 10 years of Windows) to be somewhat independent in terms of working on a computer. I fear he may even be beyond the pale of the computer for the technologically illiterate but I have to give it a go, as I am definitely not furnishing him with a Dell, IBM or Sony.

It doesn't have to be an Apple Store as such, just somewhere friendly, unpatronising and with good support that sells Macs and can advise / teach on the use of it. I'll give him the basics but he will surely need help.

2. howiethemacguy macrumors newbie

howiethemacguy

Willow Bend and Southlake

Willow Bend and Southlake are the best in my opinion. I was a Mac Genius at Willow Bend. I worked with and helped train several members of the Mac Genius teams at both Willow Bend and Southlake. The best MGs in DFW are: Jason Schwartz and Ahren Wilms at Willow Bend and, Dana Townson at Southlake. There are also a lot of great Apple Consultants in the area like myself. I work for Digital Criterion here in Dallas. We're located near downtown Dallas but, we service the whole area. I see that you posted this quite some time ago but, I wanted to reply anyway.

Howie

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I've also had great luck with the Willow Bend store. A couple of times when I've asked questions, the person would have to go ask another Genius before giving me my answer. I appreciate that a lot more than having someone just blow smoke at me because they're afraid of sounding computer-illiterate by admitting they don't know the answer (*cough* Fry's *cough*).

4. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

Thank you but it was bit late - but indeed, Willow Bend is where I pointed him to, purely because it was the nearest. However since then we've dispensed with his services so it's OK now.

5. howiethemacguy macrumors newbie

howiethemacguy

It's about teamwork

The Mac Geniuses are a team. They are trained to do that. When I worked as a MG at Willow Bend, I seemed to be the email guru as well as the guy who knew how to troubleshoot design apps such as Adobe CS and Quark. Another MG was regarded as the iMovie/Final Cut pro guru. I always enjoyed working with a group of very smart people. Now that I'm an Apple Consultant, I work alone most of the time. However, I still call on my friends at the Apple Store as well as my coworkers at Digital Criterion. In the long run, making the customer happy is what counts. If you don't know something, ask. The worst thing that could happen is that you would have to look it up.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Willow Bend - never have had any problems there and can highly recommend a lot of the staff who (cough cough) admits to reading this site. North Park has nice employees... Someone I know does the One-To-One program at Knox and likes it too. I can say nothing of the Southlake store...