Best Bag for a Student?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JCorn2, Aug 25, 2004.

1. JCorn2 macrumors member

Jul 14, 2004
    Hey everyone... I just looked through that excellent post of all the bag sites and it was overwhelming! Does anyone really like on particular bag that is stylish, protective, and can also carry a bunch of books? Any recommendations would be great!
  2. quackattack macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I don't have an answer for you, but I'm looking forward to reading what people have to say, I'm looking for the exact same thing. It's tough to find a bag with room for books...
  3. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

Mar 13, 2003
    ogio metro

very big bag only $62.99 the reason why i got this bag

easily holds 4 textbooks (college texts), 3 ring binder and i still had more room

i was also contemplating the jansport exos

also a big bag but... $161.99 expensive i guess the exos can hold as much as the metro

both are laptop bags also
  4. JamSoft macrumors member

Jun 30, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Swiss Army purchased from

I was having a similar problem myself, and stumbled accross They have a bunch of high quality backpacks for business and school. I have an ibook, and purchased the laptop backpack they offer, and so far it's been a pleasure to own. I holds my computer and all of my books, folders, cell phone, ipod, etc. extremely well!!!

Regarless of what packpack you decide to get make sure you buy it form They have great prices, free returns, and user reviews.

This is the Swiss Army laptop backpack I bought from ebags.Here. If you need to carry a laptop I would highly recommend it.

Hope this helps,
  5. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    I bought a Ton Bihn ID Messenger with a Brain Cell sleeve to protect my investment on bike rides between my apartment and campus this year. It was $140 altogether, but I don't think that my laptop will get damaged in there. At all.

edit: Don't we already have a sizable thread on this? You'd probably have a better chance finding everything out going there rather than hoping that everyone posts here again.
  6. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2003
    I use a Brenthaven laptop bag, one of the ones Apple sells, and like it a lot, but when I carry a LOT of books I have to use another bag (less laptop oriented) as well.
  7. JCorn2 thread starter macrumors member

Jul 14, 2004

Hey everybody thanks a lot for all the help! I ended up getting a sleeve from Tom Binh... I hope it'll be good.... thanks again!