Best Bag for a Student?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JCorn2, Aug 25, 2004.

1. JCorn2 macrumors member

Hey everyone... I just looked through that excellent post of all the bag sites and it was overwhelming! Does anyone really like on particular bag that is stylish, protective, and can also carry a bunch of books? Any recommendations would be great!
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm looking forward to reading what people have to say, I'm looking for the exact same thing. It's tough to find a bag with room for books...

3. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

ogio metro

http://www.ebags.com/ogio/metro/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=15431

very big bag only $62.99 the reason why i got this bag

easily holds 4 textbooks (college texts), 3 ring binder and i still had more room

i was also contemplating the jansport exos

also a big bag but... $161.99 expensive i guess the exos can hold as much as the metro

both are laptop bags also

4. JamSoft macrumors member

JamSoft

Swiss Army purchased from ebags.com

I was having a similar problem myself, and stumbled accross http://www.swissarmy.com. They have a bunch of high quality backpacks for business and school. I have an ibook, and purchased the laptop backpack they offer, and so far it's been a pleasure to own. I holds my computer and all of my books, folders, cell phone, ipod, etc. extremely well!!!

Regarless of what packpack you decide to get make sure you buy it form http://www.ebags.com/. They have great prices, free returns, and user reviews.

This is the Swiss Army laptop backpack I bought from ebags.Here. If you need to carry a laptop I would highly recommend it.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps,
    -Nate

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I bought a Ton Bihn ID Messenger with a Brain Cell sleeve to protect my investment on bike rides between my apartment and campus this year. It was $140 altogether, but I don't think that my laptop will get damaged in there. At all.

edit: Don't we already have a sizable thread on this? You'd probably have a better chance finding everything out going there rather than hoping that everyone posts here again.

6. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

I use a Brenthaven laptop bag, one of the ones Apple sells, and like it a lot, but when I carry a LOT of books I have to use another bag (less laptop oriented) as well.

7. JCorn2 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Hey everybody thanks a lot for all the help! I ended up getting a sleeve from Tom Binh... I hope it'll be good.... thanks again!
    Joe