Best Baseball Experience

Discussion in 'Community' started by Koodauw, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

After all the heated discussion about The Yankees, and Opening Day, I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best experience in Baseball. I have not been to very many MLB parks, but I did find my trip to Wrigley to be very enjoyable. What is your favorite place to catch a game? Have any crazy stories from the game? Did you catch Barry bonds 70th HR and get beat-up for the ball? Do tell.

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I've been to Safeco Field to watch the Mariners a few times - it really is a great ballpark (especially if you compare it to the Kingdome, which I've had the displeasure of watching the Mariners play in as well). You can walk around, get something to eat, and not miss an at-bat from anywhere in the park.

But my favorite baseball memories are from back when I was a kid, on family outings to watch the AAA team in Tacoma. Back then it may have been the Tacoma Cubs, I don't really remember. Great little ballpark that holds a few thousand fans at most; my dad buying us all hot dogs, popcorn, and soda from the vendors that roved the stands; a park full of old-time atmosphere; and just a lot of fun watching these guys playing ball under the blue sky.

3. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Ive been to a few stadiums and the best one fan wise i would have to say is Fenway Park in Boston. Yeah the satdium is old and the seats are rough and some don't even face home plate, but the overall experience is great.

Yankee Stadium is a lot smaller in person than on TV, nice place just never gave me the feel of Fenway, then again the Red Sox weren't there so it didn't help.

Biggest atmosphere for me was at the World Series last year in Miami. The stadium was packed, much more than the regular season but it was such a rush. Reminded me of the days when i went to Fenway where every game seemed like a World Series game.

Been to a few other places, Tampa, Toronto, and many minor league parks.
    Brighthouse Networks Field (Clearwater FL), McCoy Stadium (Pawtucket RI), Portland Sea Dogs Field (Not sure of the name, Portland ME), Dodd Stadium (Norwich,CT) City of Palms Park (Ft. Myers, FL), Muzzy Field (Former AA Red Sox Affiliate, Bristol, CT Also played an American Legion Baseball Tournament on that field)

The minor league parks really make you feel at home, always a great place to catch a game. Overall my experiences at any park has been a great one. Hoping to make a trip to Philly to see their new park and also Baltimore to see Camden Yards.

4. Koodauw thread starter macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I would like to visit Camden as well. Wrigley to me was a great experience. It was a sunny Sunday afternoon in early spring. One of the nicest days that had occured that year. Not being form the area, we were not sure where to park. We ended up paying a guy to park in his tiny garage in an off street ally. It was incredibly stupid to do, but we were very trusting at the time. Even let him pull the car in for us. We sat in the out field with all the bleacher bums and would go up right to the rail when Sammy was up to bat. We chit chatted with all the rest of the fans, and even were honored by having some of Chiago's finest (Police Officers) buy us a few beers. We met a guy who had played highschool baseball against Kenny Lofton. (who was playing against the cubs that day.) Only received a slight sun burn that day, but worth every bit of it. I would agree minor league baseball is great. I go see the local Northern Woods League team all the time. Mainly college kids who want to remain in amateur status, and play hard to try and get scouts attention. I think it's as close to old time baseball as you get today. Ahhhh, I love baseball.