Best Beginner's Guide?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by insidedanshead, Mar 17, 2004.

1. insidedanshead macrumors regular

This past weekend I gave my mother my old iMac loaded with a fresh copy of panther. I sat down and explained turning it on, opening mail, using ichat.. she's completely in love and I have to say as someone who knows a lot about macs its easy to take for granted why apple does stuff the way they do. It's for novices. Like the one button mouse.. she loves it because she cannot grasp a scroll wheel and the second button etc (heck I had to explain to her you have to hold it straigth else it won't go where you want).. anyway I was wondering if anyone knew of any REALLY good beginner's guide books (i emphasize BEGINNERS). I don't have the time I would like to have to sit down with her and teach stuff .. Anyone have any experience with such books and what one's would you recommend?

Thanks!

2. MacBoyX macrumors 6502

MacBoyX

I highly recommend Mac OS X The missing manual Pather Edition by david pogue. It's simple enuff but also gives TONS of info, my mother even understands KERNING now. I make all my switchers purchase this book. It covers everything that comes with OS X including iTunes, iCal, iSync. It even hits on iPhoto and iMovie i believe.

macboyx