Best Birthday EVER.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by earthtoandy, Oct 27, 2004.

1. earthtoandy macrumors 6502

So today was my BDay. I came home to the Star Wars Dvd box set on my bed. What a great gift from my girlfriend. I was so excited.
    Then we went about the night and I got a call from the Apple Store... I have a job interview on friday!!!!! THis has me bouncing off the walls! I am so excited and nervous... I cant believe I even got an interview!! Wish me luck

Then as my girlfriend was leaving tonight the big surprise... a brand new iPod shows up in my bed. Yep, she bought the DVD's to throw me off the scent of the iPod. Could there be a better girlfriend!? Absolutely not. And never a better bday.

I hope I get that job! I am going in with the attituted that I wont let them not hire me.

2. Pixeled_Apple macrumors member

Congratulations! And Good Luck!! Hope you get the job!

3. Devie macrumors 6502a

Wow! Great haul you got there :D

What do you need to get a job at an apple store (usually)? Just previous retail experience and general Apple hardware and software knowledge?

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

The big surprise is that you let her leave!!!
    What's a girl gotta do...

Don't let that one get away!

5. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

6. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Best of luck with that interview.

Just be wary of the of the standard interview trick - when they leave a long pause after you answer a question, so you'll feel compelled to add more (and probably hang yourself when you do! ;) )

7. cubist macrumors 68020

Yep - she sounds like a keeper! :D

8. earthtoandy thread starter macrumors 6502

i dont know.. all i hear is its difficult to get a job there. My application must of stood out in some way (trust me i buttered it up nice) because I have no retail experience at all.

ha you guys are hilarious... she had to go... trust me we both wanted her to stay.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

What an awesome B-Day. You are very fortunate to have such a great girlfriend, she sounds like a real keeper. Do you think that she might be one as a lifetime partner?

Going in with a positive attitude should be very helpful. I wish you a successful interview earthtoandy. Let us know how it turns out.

10. emw macrumors G4

emw

Nice birthday present, but now you're in a little bit of a tight spot. How do you explain to this wonderful girl of yours that you need to return the iPod she just bought for you so that you can get the new iPod Photo with your employee discount... :D

"But honey, I'll be able to keep pictures of you close to my heart at all times!" ;)

11. earthtoandy thread starter macrumors 6502

well get this,... she even said when she gave it to me "Dont open it now if you want to taske it back to get an iPod photo" shes dreamy!

its ok.. i was already planning on getting her a mini soon:)

and yes...this one is sticking around for good!

12. neut macrumors 68000

neut

lucky man. :)

happy birthday and may more luck come your way!

peace.