Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

earthtoandy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2003
So today was my BDay. I came home to the Star Wars Dvd box set on my bed. What a great gift from my girlfriend. I was so excited.
Then we went about the night and I got a call from the Apple Store... I have a job interview on friday!!!!! THis has me bouncing off the walls! I am so excited and nervous... I cant believe I even got an interview!! Wish me luck

Then as my girlfriend was leaving tonight the big surprise... a brand new iPod shows up in my bed. Yep, she bought the DVD's to throw me off the scent of the iPod. Could there be a better girlfriend!? Absolutely not. And never a better bday.

I hope I get that job! I am going in with the attituted that I wont let them not hire me.

Devie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Wow! Great haul you got there :D

What do you need to get a job at an apple store (usually)? Just previous retail experience and general Apple hardware and software knowledge?

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Best of luck with that interview.

Just be wary of the of the standard interview trick - when they leave a long pause after you answer a question, so you'll feel compelled to add more (and probably hang yourself when you do! ;) )

earthtoandy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2003
Devie said:
What do you need to get a job at an apple store (usually)? Just previous retail experience and general Apple hardware and software knowledge?
i dont know.. all i hear is its difficult to get a job there. My application must of stood out in some way (trust me i buttered it up nice) because I have no retail experience at all.

ha you guys are hilarious... she had to go... trust me we both wanted her to stay.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
What an awesome B-Day. You are very fortunate to have such a great girlfriend, she sounds like a real keeper. Do you think that she might be one as a lifetime partner?

Going in with a positive attitude should be very helpful. I wish you a successful interview earthtoandy. Let us know how it turns out.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Nice birthday present, but now you're in a little bit of a tight spot. How do you explain to this wonderful girl of yours that you need to return the iPod she just bought for you so that you can get the new iPod Photo with your employee discount... :D

"But honey, I'll be able to keep pictures of you close to my heart at all times!" ;)

earthtoandy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2003
well get this,... she even said when she gave it to me "Dont open it now if you want to taske it back to get an iPod photo" shes dreamy!

its ok.. i was already planning on getting her a mini soon:)

and yes...this one is sticking around for good!

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
earthtoandy said:
well get this,... she even said when she gave it to me "Dont open it now if you want to taske it back to get an iPod photo" shes dreamy!

its ok.. i was already planning on getting her a mini soon:)

and yes...this one is sticking around for good!

lucky man. :)

happy birthday and may more luck come your way!

peace.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.