Best Bluetooth headphones for iPod Touch and phone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by G5Unit, Sep 25, 2007.

1. macrumors 68020

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm calling the cops
    I just bought an ipod touch And I am finding that I am in the need for a pair of wireless headphones. Now i know that there is no bluetooth on my ipod but I was wondering if this is at all possible:

A bluetooth dongle for the iPod that works with A2DP headphones which could be used foe my phone. To sum it up I would want to attach the dongle to my iPod but then when I am listen to music through my phone, I would like to use the integrated Bluetooth. What are my options? Perferably for around $100 or less. Thank you!

First post from iPod btw.
  2. macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2007
  3. macrumors 68030

Sep 14, 2007
    No offense, but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing those things. Not to mention that for the $300 they cost with an adapter you could get yourself some real headphones, like the Shure E500 or the Livewires.

4. macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2007
    Berkeley, CA
    This might be what you're looking for

although they seem to be a lot cheaper at Amazon.
  5. Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I had created a thread about some Motorola Bluetooth headphones with an iPod adapter a while back. They're about $120 at Sam's Club for both or $100 for the headphones by themselves.

I have no idea about the quality, which is why I posted the thread.
  6. macrumors member

Sep 20, 2007
    For around $125, you can get the iCombi from Oakley (~$50) and Motorola S9 Bluetooth headset ($75).
  7. macrumors 68030

Sep 14, 2007
    I get the feeling that Apple and others might be holding off for a later spec revision of BT before making it a standard feature of regular DAPs.

I have used all sorts of BT gear and in my experience you always get interference.
  8. macrumors 6502a

Dec 7, 2002
    Do NOT waste your time with the Moto S9s. I'm not even convinced that A2DP with an adapter is a good idea--wait until it's part and parcel with OS X so it's instant and easy.
  9. macrumors member

Sep 20, 2007
    Manchester, England
    I'm using the Motorola S705 with a Jabra A125, works brilliantly for me allowing me to have a multiple bluetooth connection with my phone (Nokia N95) and with the 'Touch'. If I get a call the music from the 'Touch' is interupted and after the call picks up where it left off (all automatically). The quality of the music is excellent (as if it's a wired connection).

Hope that was helpful........