Best Bluetooth Mouse for surfing/gaming?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chosenwolf, Mar 18, 2006.

1. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

What do you guys recommened for a functional bluetooth mouse for surfing? for gaming?

The Apple bluetooth mouse sucks, no scroll wheel or right click. An Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse would be nice, but not available.

2. MacMyFast macrumors newbie

MacMyFast

Macally makes a good one, but I think it's mini.

3. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

I recomend an Logitech MX900. The MX1000 is nicer, but it uses RF.

4. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

I just want a 2 button + Scroll Wheel Mouse. =/

Here's the one I was looking at by Macally

[​IMG]

5. DevilDog macrumors regular

DevilDog

Logitech has a sweet one... My dad has the USB RF version of it. This one is bluetooth though and I wish it was out when I had spent the money on Apple's... Apple Store Link

Attached Files:

6. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I'm not trying to put down your suggestion, but those user reviews don't look so good.

7. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

The logitech is what I'll use on my mbp. I'm not a huge fan of the apple mice, and I've only had good experiences with logitech mice. Best if you can try the mouse out you want to buy before you buy it.

8. DevilDog macrumors regular

DevilDog

The RF one works great, It's comfortable. I've never tried the bluetooth one. But if it's as good as the RF one then it's great. I don't know if bluetooth was even originally developed for mice. It looks like it was made for wireless data transfer. My Apple one isn't perfect, you have to turn it on and click a few times, give it about 15 seconds to pair up. I could see why people wouldn't like it. But I think that any bluetooth mouse would be afflicted with this problem. I don't mind the issues with it... It's a lot better than having a dongle to worry about.

9. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Wireless and especially bluetooth mice aren't good for gaming. There's a lag.

10. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

I have the Logitech MX900 and its great for just normal use but i don't think it'll hold up in gaming.

I also have the Logitech G7. Its not bluetooth, but its a great laser mouse. Only thing is the battery drains really fast. It comes with 2 batteries so in a way its good.

11. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Yep, I have the mx900. It is great for surfing but I have found that there is lag when playing a fps game like call of duty. I recommend that you revert back to USB for mouse / keyboard when playing games.

A great usb mouse for gaming is the Logitech G5. I have one - it rocks!!

aussie_geek