Best boss fights

Discussion in 'Games' started by Schmittroth, May 8, 2006.

1. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ganon- OoT. I remember playing that thinking "oh hell this Ganondorf guy is tough!"... "hmm, I'm running down a castle?" "GANON!" haha. I've played that end sooo many times just for the boss battle and credits. Unsurpassed IMO.

Pretty much all the bosses from Yoshis Island come in 2nd. Very creative, very fun battles.

3. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Ganondorf from OoT. Although if you caught him in the wrong spot, you could just slash him repeatedly until he was dead. But that was only when he was Ganon, not Ganondorf.

4. ColdFlame87 macrumors regular

All the Zelda games have always had great boss battles, theyre very creative and intense and i agree that OoT's ganondorf/ganon battle was the most enjoyable and fun boss battle.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The boss in Radiant Silvergun that, erm, oh, hell, every boss in Radiant Silvergun. :D And I don't even like shooters! :eek:

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Metal Gear Rex was the first boss that really made me say WOW.

[​IMG]

7. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Ganon in OoT
    The lake monster in Resident Evil 4
    God Of War-Hydra or the lord of the underworld who you shoot the logs at

8. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

Yep Ganon in OoT left me speechless.

It was perfect location, and the colors were beautiful, not too easy... the best :D

9. Oblivious macrumors 6502

Quadraxxis from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes was an amazing boss battle, as was the third form of Emperor Ing. Another boss that I rather enjoyed was Gannon from LoZ: Wind Waker.

10. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Psycho Mantis in Metal Gear Solid. No other game has had a trick where you have to plug the controller into the 2nd port so the boss couldn't read your mind. And even then he could read other Konami titles on your memory card. So ***** cool.

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

OMG, I forgot about that. Something about reading left vs right brains. And when he mentioned something about the way I played Silent Hill I almost freaked out. I change my vote.

12. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I forgot about psycho mantis! That was awesome! I liked that and all the bosses from metal gear 3, metal gear had amazing bosses.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ooo Metroid Prime had some stunning bosses. Quadraxxis was scary. It was just this epic Emperor Dalek style monster. thats why it scared me a little bit extra.

Psycho Mantis! On the Cube version he can read off more games. Which was pretty mad. "I see you like Nintendo games..." :D very funny. I loved how smart the old MGS was. Reading the back of the package etc. alas.

14. iCrazy macrumors newbie

Wow. I can't believe no one had put Sepiroth. The song alone was worth the battle. Second best boss battle I would have to agree was Ganon.

15. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

YES.

And that Yakuza guy before. He was a very tough boss, probably harder than Mr. X himself.

... Nintendo better PRAY they have Streets of Rage on the Wii ...

17. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I'm guessing you are talking about FFVII. Sephiroth was in Kingdom of Hearts 2, but I didn't play it. In FFVII, Sephiroth was just too easy to be memorable. Cast Knights of the Round once or twice and maybe a limit break and he was done. The cinema cuts were long, but the actual battle only lasted less than a minute.

18. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

Every boss in RS and every boss in its sequel, Ikaruga. I paid way too much for my DC import of that game, considering it cam eout on the Gamecube a coupl emonths later, but it was TOTALLY worth it.

My favorite boss battle is that one in Ikaruga where there's that spinning circle that shoots both types of bullets into the middle and you have to dodge, switch colors, absorb what you can, and oh yeah, don't die. Love that game.

Mr. X in SoR2 is better than the original, IMO.

Sephiroth would be a cool battle if I did it "right" but I spent so long training black chocobos and splitting Knights of the Round materia that it was really easy.

19. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I have to agree that the story, and the graphics, and the music, were amazing...when Aeris saves the world from beyond the grave....*sigh*

But it wasn't great in terms of a boss fight, per se. It was a fun game, but the fight itself was nothing special.

A great boss fight to me is where it isn't insanely difficult, so you get frustrated, and it incorporates all the skills and stuff that your character learned over the game. I love the Mega Man bosses, how you learn their skills, and each one has a tactical weakness... :)

20. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Time for me to show off how big a dork I am. I remember playing Sonic the Hedgehog on Christmas morning and through the break. I had the hardest time with the boss (Dr. something) on the water level. The fact that you couldn't damage him on the way up and had to stay ahead of the water we the first time I had ever seen a boss that could not in any way be beaten through brute force. Taught me a life lesson...

21. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

The story was great. I'd vote FFVII as a top game ending, but I guess I look at a boss fight as just the fight. It really annoyed me that the last 3 or 4 fights were the easiest in the game.

22. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Dr Robotnik

[​IMG]

23. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    dr robotnic hehe i emember the cartoon

contra boses were cool

24. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

25. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm going with the god from silent hill 3.....damn that was great.

Oh and i must mention all the boss battles in otogi....hard as hell.

Bless