Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

bestbuysale.jpg
Best Buy is celebrating its 50th anniversary on Monday, August 22 and in honor of the occasion, the retailer is offering 50 deals for 50 hours, dropping the prices on a wide range of products from television sets to computers.

Of interest to those potentially looking to purchase an Apple device, Best Buy is dropping the price of some MacBook Pro models by $150, and students can save an additional $150 for a total discount of $300 through Best Buy's Student Deals program.

Best Buy is also offering the iPhone 6s for $1 or the iPhone 6s Plus for $99.99 with the purchase of a two-year contract on Sprint or Verizon Wireless. For those who want to buy an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus using AT&T Next, Best Buy is offering a $200 gift card with purchase.

Other discounts include $180 off Beats Studio Wireless Headphones and tons more. A full list of deals is available from the Best Buy website.

Best Buy's sale kicks off at 10:00 p.m. Central Time on Thursday and lasts through 11:59 p.m. Central Time on Saturday.

To see the best prices on a wide range of Apple products, make sure to check out our deals roundup, which has tables featuring discounts from a number of different retailers.

Article Link: Best Buy Launches 50th Anniversary Sale With Discounts on MacBook Pro, iPhone

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
so can i buy a super discounted macbook pro on my best buy card which i believe gives me a longer return window. Then do a EVEN swap when the new one comes out in a month? I can only wish

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Of interest to those potentially looking to purchase an Apple device, Best Buy is dropping the price of some MacBook Pro models by $150, and students can save an additional $150 for a total discount of $300 through Best Buy's Student Deals program.
That's a hefty deal right there for students! If I were still in school and even if I didn't need a new laptop, I'd be tempted to buy one with that much of a discount.

I hadn't realized Best Buy had been around this long - 50 years.

Mac21ND

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
Saved over $300 dollars on my Macbook Pro 15, at Best Buy, when it was on a daily deal. Better than any discount I was finding.

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
I'm more tempted by the new Mac Pro coming out :)

BestBuy has very reasonable prices and one of the best in Brick and Mortar comparison. They even price match Amazon sold products, what more do people want?

Zoboomafoo

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2002
Here's some items:

• Save $150 on select MacBook Pro computers
    • Students can save an additional $150, for a total savings of $300 with Best Buy’s Student Deals program
  • Save $400 on a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV
  • Save $180 on Beats Studio wireless on-ear headphones
  • Get an iPhone 6s starting at $1 or an iPhone 6s Plus starting at $99.99 with two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (Save $200) – or get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
  • Save up to 70 percent on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and amiibo
  • Save $50 on Garmin Vivosmart HR activity tracker
  • Get “Destiny” and your choice of two other select games for free with purchase of the PlayStation 4 “Call of Duty” bundle
  • Get a $50 gift card with purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing scooter (online only)

dranakin

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2005
Here's some items:

• Save $150 on select MacBook Pro computers
    • Students can save an additional $150, for a total savings of $300 with Best Buy’s Student Deals program
  • Save $400 on a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV
  • Save $180 on Beats Studio wireless on-ear headphones
  • Get an iPhone 6s starting at $1 or an iPhone 6s Plus starting at $99.99 with two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (Save $200) – or get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
  • Save up to 70 percent on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and amiibo
  • Save $50 on Garmin Vivosmart HR activity tracker
  • Get “Destiny” and your choice of two other select games for free with purchase of the PlayStation 4 “Call of Duty” bundle
  • Get a $50 gift card with purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing scooter (online only)

Only MBPs? Dang, I was hoping to get the Macbook m5 model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.