Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
This has got to be the worst Pre Order experience i've ever had with any company. I compared different delivery dates for the order of my (matte) Black iPhone 7 Plus on AT&T and Best Buy was the only one that showed delivery on 9/16 (everywhere else showed about 1-2 weeks after that) which is what led me to choose Best Buy for my order. I called the day before release because it still hadn't shown up as "Shipped", only pre-ordered. The customer service rep assured me they were sitting in a warehouse waiting to go out at midnight as Best Buy had planned a logistics launch with UPS (which i found hard to believe) but assured me i would still get my phone on launch day 9/16.

2 hours later i get this:

Dear Fernando,
Thank you for pre-ordering the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus with Best Buy.
Unfortunately, there's been a delay in getting you your device. We apologize for the inconvenience, as we know you are excited about your new phone.

Your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus is expected to arrive by Friday, Oct. 7, perhaps sooner depending on your location. You can view your order status on BestBuy.com/OrderStatus.

This week i called customer support and i found out my actual delivery date is 11/2. My delivery be pushed back almost another month without me even being notified by Best Buy. They haven't even apologized or offered any type of compensation after this further delay! Only "that's the only date we see on this order".

Now that i know my delivery is in November, i should have ordered directly from Apple or even AT&T. I could have had it this week!

-End of rant that many others have already posted-

When did you place your BB order (date and time)? November is ridiculous if you ordered on the 1st day of pre-orders.

VIPmediastar

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Chicago , Illinois
I called BEstbuy for a status. The initial oct 7 was now nov 3rd. I cancelled and reserved a pickup last Friday at apple. That same Friday I ordered my dads online with att. One week later he has his black 256 7+ even though estimate was 2-3 weeks.

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
This has got to be the worst Pre Order experience i've ever had with any company. I compared different delivery dates for the order of my (matte) Black iPhone 7 Plus on AT&T and Best Buy was the only one that showed delivery on 9/16 (everywhere else showed about 1-2 weeks after that) which is what led me to choose Best Buy for my order. I called the day before release because it still hadn't shown up as "Shipped", only pre-ordered. The customer service rep assured me they were sitting in a warehouse waiting to go out at midnight as Best Buy had planned a logistics launch with UPS (which i found hard to believe) but assured me i would still get my phone on launch day 9/16.

2 hours later i get this:

Dear Fernando,
Thank you for pre-ordering the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus with Best Buy.
Unfortunately, there's been a delay in getting you your device. We apologize for the inconvenience, as we know you are excited about your new phone.

Your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus is expected to arrive by Friday, Oct. 7, perhaps sooner depending on your location. You can view your order status on BestBuy.com/OrderStatus.

This week i called customer support and i found out my actual delivery date is 11/2. My delivery be pushed back almost another month without me even being notified by Best Buy. They haven't even apologized or offered any type of compensation after this further delay! Only "that's the only date we see on this order".

Now that i know my delivery is in November, i should have ordered directly from Apple or even AT&T. I could have had it this week!

-End of rant that many others have already posted-
Has your status changed, I too just placed an order
[doublepost=1475332900][/doublepost]
I called BEstbuy for a status. The initial oct 7 was now nov 3rd. I cancelled and reserved a pickup last Friday at apple. That same Friday I ordered my dads online with att. One week later he has his black 256 7+ even though estimate was 2-3 weeks.
When did you place your order
[doublepost=1475333135][/doublepost]I canceled my order with Verizon for my jb, 7 plus, 128gb, since the ship date was 11/23, placed an order with Best Buy on the 30th edd 11/7-11/16, I hope it's not going to be delayed, ugh I'd be pissed

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
Has your status changed, I too just placed an order
[doublepost=1475332900][/doublepost]
When did you place your order
[doublepost=1475333135][/doublepost]I canceled my order with Verizon for my jb, 7 plus, 128gb, since the ship date was 11/23, placed an order with Best Buy on the 30th edd 11/7-11/16, I hope it's not going to be delayed, ugh I'd be pissed

It originally hadn't changed. I went on their website and saw the same phone I ordered would now be shipping in one business day for new orders. I called them Tuesday and asked why new orders were being fulfilled before pre orders and he had no answer for that. He appologized and did some "modification" to my order. It charged my card instantly and my delivery date changed to 10/3. It should have gone out Friday and it changed from "Pre-ordered" to "Preparing to ship". Then I get a text saying there's a problem with my mobile package. I call, they get all of my AT&T account info and they said the Mobile back office will contact me in 24-48 hours to resolve the issue. So still, no shipping.

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
It originally hadn't changed. I went on their website and saw the same phone I ordered would now be shipping in one business day for new orders. I called them Tuesday and asked why new orders were being fulfilled before pre orders and he had no answer for that. He appologized and did some "modification" to my order. It charged my card instantly and my delivery date changed to 10/3. It should have gone out Friday and it changed from "Pre-ordered" to "Preparing to ship". Then I get a text saying there's a problem with my mobile package. I call, they get all of my AT&T account info and they said the Mobile back office will contact me in 24-48 hours to resolve the issue. So still, no shipping.
Smh, I hope I don't have to go through this bs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.